SASS Wire Forum

Owens Gunshop Australia

Buckshot Bear

1 minute ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

What's the reason for the numbers on the buttstock? 

Not 100% sure, I'd say a 'key' and that below is plaque with all those numbers listed describing the firearm so that visitors can read the information for each firearm..

The numbers are pretty big

"The initial objective in displaying all these firearms was not just to legitimise the ownership of firearms, but to ‘normalise’, the owning firearms. We need the general public to accept that the ownership of firearms is ‘a normal human right".

Never saw an Owen, but we cross-supported an Australian Canberra bomber crowd in 'Nam and they had an F-1 SMG that was one of the sweetest little stutter guns I ever fired.

I tried to con a Flight "Leftenant" out of one.  His reply: "Can't do it Mate.  They are so tightly controlled I'd never get away with it.  I could possibly get you one of the Canberras, though."  I was never certain if he was kidding or not, but I didn't have room under my cot for one anyway.

I ended up with my Tommy gun and an M-2 carbine.

34 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Never saw an Owen, but we cross-supported an Australian Canberra bomber crowd in 'Nam and they had an F-1 SMG that was one of the sweetest little stutter guns I ever fired.

I tried to con a Flight "Leftenant" out of one.  His reply: "Can't do it Mate.  They are so tightly controlled I'd never get away with it.  I could possibly get you one of the Canberras, though."  I was never certain if he was kidding or not, but I didn't have room under my cot for one anyway.

I ended up with my Tommy gun and an M-2 carbine.

Thanks Forty Rod, never read much about them until you posted above. Got me searching.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F1_submachine_gun

Australian_soldier_with_a_F1_submachine_gun_during_training_in_1967.jpg.4de605ef04dff9cb868110aeb7092ec4.jpg

The owner 'Ron Owen is a VERY  smart man, writes a terrific column in his monthly online  newsletter and covers many topics..not sure how to get on the mail out list  but his site would probably have it. 

He is in Gympie, Queensland Australia [ Owens guns or firearms not exactly sure ]

He has taken on the authorities many times re gun related matters & won--they don't like him !!!

Haven't been in his shop for a few years, it's about a 3/12 hour drive away...our Australian SASS Governor   R.C. Shot lives in Gympie..just sayin '

1 hour ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

The owner 'Ron Owen is a VERY  smart man, writes a terrific column in his monthly online  newsletter and covers many topics..not sure how to get on the mail out list  but his site would probably have it. 

He is in Gympie, Queensland Australia [ Owens guns or firearms not exactly sure ]

He has taken on the authorities many times re gun related matters & won--they don't like him !!!

Haven't been in his shop for a few years, it's about a 3/12 hour drive away...our Australian SASS Governor   R.C. Shot lives in Gympie..just sayin '

3/12 of an hour away, is that the same as 15 minutes?

10 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

3/12 of an hour away, is that the same as 15 minutes?

Yes. In metric time. ;)

Archived