SASS Wire Forum

Lost Ruger ejector rod housing screws are really expensive!

Captain Bill Burt

A few weeks back Shootin Sharyn lost the screw to her ejector rod housing.  We looked, most of the posse looked, but no luck.  I thought, no big deal, she can shoot without the housing and I'll order one from Midway or Brownells.  But no, Ophelia Payne loaned Sharyn her set of Jimmy Spurs Single Sixes for the rest of the match.

I should have known.  Sharyn decided she had to have her Single Sixes worked on by Jimmy. 

They came back today, two weeks to the day from when he received them.  They are very sweet.  She's been dry firing them since they were delivered. 

The moral of the story is that although you wouldn't think losing the screw to an ejector rod housing was expensive, you would be wrong.

Jimmy does excellent work.

3 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

A few weeks back Shootin Sharyn lost the screw to her ejector rod housing.  We looked, most of the posse looked, but no luck.  I thought, no big deal, she can shoot without the housing and I'll order one from Midway or Brownells.  But no, Ophelia Payne loaned Sharyn her set of Jimmy Spurs Single Sixes for the rest of the match.

I should have known.  Sharyn decided she had to have her Single Sixes worked on by Jimmy. 

They came back today, two weeks to the day from when he received them.  They are very sweet.  She's been dry firing them since they were delivered. 

The moral of the story is that although you wouldn't think losing the screw to an ejector rod housing was expensive, you would be wrong.

Jimmy does excellent work.

The moral of the story is to never use or allow your spouse to use guns that are slicker than the ones you already know, it will always cost you!:D

Randy

I wound up buying a HD Ultra Classic when my Heritage Softail broke down on an overnight bike trip. She rode home ob the back of an Ultra Classic that belonged to a friend I trusted a lot; while I rode back home with my bike in the club trailer.

Down at the dealership arranging repairs for my bike, I thought the wife was shopping for clothes. Instead, she found a gently used Ultra Classic on the show room floor. When it was all over I left the dealership several thousands poorer but with a very happy wife.

BTW the enjoyment that bike gave her on long trips was worth every penny.

i launched the ejector system from my gaucho at a match - thankfully got all but the screw back , i took it in for repair and was given the bad news that it was a discontinued model and parts were unavailable , i like it too much to let it go easily , i had the GS re-drill & tap for a ruger screw , i have been happy ever after even though while it was down i bought a matching pair of RNV to continue shooting the season , 

one thing always leads to another that most always costs you money , but im happy , 

Archived