SASS Wire Forum

WTB Good 1878 Double Barreled hammered 12 ga

Bear Run Butch

• Bear Run Butch changed the title to WTB Good 1878 Double Barreled hammered 12 ga

"Priced reasonable"? What does that mean? What's "reasonable"? If I have a TTN that will bring $XXXX.xx in a Gunbroker auction, I'm not selling it for 40% less because someone says it "must be priced reasonable".

What's your price range? If you have $600 to spend, good luck, cuz it ain't happenin'. If you have eight or nine hundred... maybe, if you catch someone hard up for money.

I can find only ONE on Gunbroker right now, used, 21 bidders so far, currently at $665 + $50 shipping, so $715, and eight days still to go. Mudflat Mike sold one here about three weeks ago for $1100.

Ten years ago, when TTN's were still being imported, they were under $400, RETAIL. :o

Last month I sold my Liberty II, which folks say is the same as the current CZ, to a fellow shooter for $600.  It had an extra set of springs and had been shot 479 times.  I hadn't shot it since 2012 since I prefer the TTN.  That was reasonable.  :)

Last year I bought a used EMF-branded TTN for $300 at a club swapmeet.  That was very reasonable!  :D  It has become the backup to my first TTN and so no longer needed the Liberty II for that role.  

If you look around enough and have ready cash sometimes you get lucky.  So put out the word to your local shooters, no telling what they have.

2 hours ago, Bear Run Butch said:

I thank you all for your help, I am currently working with Kid Rich on a good looking cz.  

Can't get much more reasonable a person than kR. Although I think Bess might have something to do with it.:lol:

Archived