SASS Wire Forum

Enlighten me on Zelle payment methods, please

seems Zelle is a legit way to send $$

but (and there is always a but) it seems this is NOT a good way to pay for, let's say, primers and powder on line.

something to do with having no recourse if you get stiffed?

Am I close?

4 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

seems Zelle is a legit way to send $$

but (and there is always a but) it seems this is NOT a good way to pay for, let's say, primers and powder on line.

something to do with having no recourse if you get stiffed?

Am I close?

I ONLY use Zelle with people I know personally.

Have used it with Boomstick and use it to transfer funds to kids.

I would not use it to a company I do not know.

Just now, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Have used it with Boomstick and use it to transfer funds to kids.

If you notice the disclaimer at the bottom of the Zelle 'program', it states to make sure you are wanting to send, as once sent it is not 'stopable/reversable'.

When it comes to primers online, I would only pay by credit card. Unless it's a pard at the range, then cash would work better.

PayPal, Zelle, and others are not really good choices by comparison.

There are several sites popping up, a few of which have even stolen the identities of legitimate companies. Not only have some sites only provided Zelle as payment, a quick look at other pages of the sites show poor translation from another language and even "nonsense" pages.

2 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

> snip <

+1 .. this!!

Because .. when you send it ... it is "sent" (gone) ...

With a credit card you always have recourse ... but earlier in the year I had some people put tint/film on a couple of windows in my house ... when they finished they asked if I would mind paying them with Zelle so I did ... (they might have been doing this for tax purposes but ... they did a good job and it was complete before I paid ... soooooo ..). 

The only reason I even had Zelle active (had turned the feature on in my Wells Fargo checking account) was to collect rebates on some computer stuff I bought the previous year (apparently it is easier for companies to use Zelle to pay you instead of sending a rebate debit card).

It wasn't bad .. a detailed receipt showed up on my checking account statement reflecting the transaction.  

One more thing. When you read the fine print they prohibit transactions that are related to firearms, ammunition, and reloading components. 

In a nut shell this means they will have ZERO incentive to help you. Not that they would anyway.

ALL LEGITIMATE on line retailers take credit cards.

16 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

One more thing. When you read the fine print they prohibit transactions that are related to firearms, ammunition, and reloading components. 

In a nut shell this means they will have ZERO incentive to help you. Not that they would anyway.

ALL LEGITIMATE on line retailers take credit cards.

+1 good point ... I never noticed or even thought about that ... (since it is supposed to be a person to person transaction service) ...

After reading your post I went looking for their "prohibited uses" list/thingie ...

AND ... It even says "not to use for business" .. ha!!

"The Service is intended for personal, not business or commercial use. You agree that you will not use the Service to send or receive payments in connection with your business or commercial enterprise. We reserve the right to decline your registration if we believe that you are enrolling to use the Service with your business account or to receive business or commercial payments. We further reserve the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Service if we believe that you are using the Service for business or commercial purposes" ... 

https://www.zellepay.com/user-service-agreement

My daughter and her husband were looking for a house to rent a couple years ago. The responded to an ad on Craigslist. They talked to the guy, (phone), he told them where the key was to look at it. They did, paid him a deposit using zelle. 

A couple days later, they found out that he not only was NOT the owner of the house, but that the actual owner had never heard of him, and wanted to know from my daughter how she'd gotten their key! 

Needless to say she was out the money because zelle isn't responsible. 

Archived