SASS Wire Forum

Hey! Florida Shooter?

Rancho Roy

My wife and I will be renting a house in Ft Meyers for January, February and March......Can someone send me a "Must Attend" list of shoots in the states during these three months. What clubs do you consider host the better "One Day" shoots? We will have our camper with us, so distance from FtMeyers is no concern. Any other advise is much appreciated. TIA!

March is our state match ides of March hosted by lake county pistoleros, in January there is the the darkness falls se regional bp championship and dark day on Santa Fe international bp championship so the two matches end up being a 6 stages Thursday 5 stages Friday 5 stages Saturday  they will let you shoot smokeless for fun no awards also  Okeechobee has there annual in January as well

There is a double header at the end of January in Fort White (near Alachua, FL) Darkness Falls and Dark Day on the Santa Fe.  They are BP championship matches, but they let smokeless shooters play too.  It's a bit of a hike from Ft. Myers, but since we come down from Maryland for the match, Ft. Myers is just a stones throw. :lol:

46 minutes ago, Mr w said:

March is our state match ides of March hosted by lake county pistoleros, in January there is the the darkness falls se regional bp championship and dark day on Santa Fe international bp championship so the two matches end up being a 6 stages Thursday 5 stages Friday 5 stages Saturday  they will let you shoot smokeless for fun no awards also  Okeechobee has there annual in January as well

Dang, beat me to it while trying to read the text on my phone.  Where did I put my glasses. B) :P

Welcome to Ft Myers! Don't forget to come to the monthlys at Punta Gorda, 3rd sat and 4th Sundays too, a great place.

Below is the Florida list of clubs as found on Action Shooting Network (ASN). Due to Covid, etc., I suggest contacting the MD to confirm that they are having the match so you don't make a wasted trip.

As others have said, the black powder match and the state match are in March and both are great matches.

The closest clubs to Ft. Myers for monthly matches (listed by name, city and approx. travel time) are;

5 County - Punta Gorda (20 - 30 min.)

Miakka - Miakka (1 hr)

OK Corral (Okeechobee) (1+ hr)

Okeechobee (Okeechobee) (1+ hr)

SW Florida Gunslingers (20 - 30 min.)

Doodle Hill (1 hr+)

https://actionshootingnetwork.com/blog/235/s-a-s-s-florida-club-list-and-info/

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Below is the Florida list of clubs as found on Action Shooting Network (ASN). Due to Covid, etc., I suggest contacting the MD to confirm that they are having the match so you don't make a wasted trip.

As others have said, the black powder match and the state match are in March and both are great matches.

The closest clubs to Ft. Myers for monthly matches (listed by name, city and approx. travel time) are;

Miakka - Miakka (1 hr)

Doodle Hill (1 hr+)

5 County and SW Florida Gunslingers shoot at the same range. Hansen Range on Zemel Rd.

What Preacherman said is also accurate. 3rd Sat and 4th Sunday.

We are a small but friendly group.

After the guns are put away we have hot dogs and beer and tell tall tales of our exploits from years gone by.:lol:

14 minutes ago, Waimea said:

After the guns are put away we have hot dogs and beer and tell tall tales of our exploits from years gone by.:lol:

I don't have any exploits from year gone past....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

I don't have any exploits from year gone past....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.:ph34r:

The beer makes it much easier to rack up the old exploits.:lol:

The OK Corral Outlaws have their one day annual on January 22, 2022.  Go to the OK Corral Outlaws website for details or contact The Outlaw Travis James on his email  theoutlawtravisjames@gmail  or Polecat Joe at  joechud@yahoo.com

7 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Miakka - Miakka (1 hr)

Doodle Hill (1 hr+)

There are no clubs currently having any cancelations becuase of restrictions.  FYI 

We connected on Facebook and I gave him all the info he could need.  Hope to see y'all soon.  The website @polecat joe was referring to in regards to our annual is http://www.okcorraloutlaws.com 

28 minutes ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

There are no clubs currently having any cancelations becuase of restrictions.  FYI 

Yeah, I know. Rarely, but on occasion, a monthly match will be cancelled for one reason or another. Most of the locals know due to word of mouth, E mail or fakebook, but the passerby doesn't. 

Are you coming up to Ruskin for the opener?

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Yeah, I know. Rarely, but on occasion, a monthly match will be cancelled for one reason or another. Most of the locals know due to word of mouth, E mail or fakebook, but the passerby doesn't. 

Are you coming up to Ruskin for the opener?

I am going to try.  As it stands now, yes.  But that may change in the next few weekends depending on how much prep for our camping trip I can get done.  Camper needs some work.  

On 9/6/2021 at 6:34 PM, The Outlaw Travis James said:

We connected on Facebook and I gave him all the info he could need.  Hope to see y'all soon.  The website @polecat joe was referring to in regards to our annual is http://www.okcorraloutlaws.com 

Didn't now about this match, but sounds like fun.  Being the week before the "Darkness", if Lil and I can tweak our schedule just a tiny little bit, we are going to add it too our January schedule!  I will let you know in a couple of days.

5 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Didn't now about this match, but sounds like fun.  Being the week before the "Darkness", if Lil and I can tweak our schedule just a tiny little bit, we are going to add it too our January schedule!  I will let you know in a couple of days.

That would be great!  It is about an 1-1/2 hours south  if Lake County Pistoleros.  This is my home club and it is a very fun annual.  We hope you guys can make it down.  

20 hours ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

That would be great!  It is about an 1-1/2 hours south  if Lake County Pistoleros.  This is my home club and it is a very fun annual.  We hope you guys can make it down.  

Well, we managed to shuffle our schedule enough that we will be heading your way for the match.  The online applications have been submitted and my waiver completed, Lil should have hers done within the hour.   (Coffee First was the word I was given, certainly the modus operandi of my life! :rolleyes::lol:)  I will drop the paper copies along with the payment in the mail sometime this morning.

This will be our first trip to this club and we are looking forward to seeing the range.  Looks like a nice place to shoot, and dang is that range flat!  Our parking lot isn't even that flat! :P  Looking at Google Maps satellite view, the OK Corral Gun Club looks HUGE!  Just so I am prepared, how far is it from the parking area to the shooting area?  Do I need to bring my horse? :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Well, we managed to shuffle our schedule enough that we will be heading your way for the match.  The online applications have been submitted and my waiver completed, Lil should have hers done within the hour.   (Coffee First was the word I was given, certainly the modus operandi of my life! :rolleyes::lol:)  I will drop the paper copies along with the payment in the mail sometime this morning.

This will be our first trip to this club and we are looking forward to seeing the range.  Looks like a nice place to shoot, and dang is that range flat!  Our parking lot isn't even that flat! :P  Looking at Google Maps satellite view, the OK Corral Gun Club looks HUGE!  Just so I am prepared, how far is it from the parking area to the shooting area?  Do I need to bring my horse? :rolleyes:

I got both online apps this morning.  Yes we are the low landers down here.  The property itself is around 600 acres but a good portion of it is the cattle ranch.  The actual range is around 100 acres with most being the two sporting clays courses.  The cowboy town is about 100 yards from the parking lot.  And they rent motored horses if you'd like.  :D

57 minutes ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

I got both online apps this morning.  Yes we are the low landers down here.  The property itself is around 600 acres but a good portion of it is the cattle ranch.  The actual range is around 100 acres with most being the two sporting clays courses.  The cowboy town is about 100 yards from the parking lot.  And they rent motored horses if you'd like.  :D

Thank Pard!  Pushing my monster cart 100 yards up hill, both ways, I can do, especially when the hill is only 0.01" high! :lol:

Looking forward to it!

Archived