SASS Wire Forum

Ordered but got to wait a couple of L-O-N-G weeks

Buckshot Bear

I've bought a Stoeger double trigger, been mucking around with making a leather wrap for it.

It was very tight, I watched a lot of youtube vids and slicked it up a mite and it feels a lot better now.

IMG_20210622_130819_resized_20210622_011632848.jpg

IMG_20210622_130836_resized_20210622_011634177.jpg

Buy some aftermarket firing pins for the Stoeger now so you won't have to wait weeks when the original pins mushroom and need replacement.

no offense meant but i have to ask why the leather wrap on the coach gun ? i have one i use regularly and never need such for a purpose - i see it as "look" but not necessity unless your forearm is prone to dropping off 

7 minutes ago, watab kid said:

no offense meant but i have to ask why the leather wrap on the coach gun ? i have one i use regularly and never need such for a purpose - i see it as "look" but not necessity unless your forearm is prone to dropping off 

- A slide on leather cover to protect the offhand from barrel heat or as a repair is allowed on side by side, lever action, and single shot shotguns.

SHB p.34

VERY useful on a shotgun when using BLACKPOWDER! (especially a SxS with a splinter fore-end)

43 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

SHB p.34

VERY useful on a shotgun when using BLACKPOWDER! (especially a SxS with a splinter fore-end)

I never needed a wrap on any of my Stoegers, but now that I have a Charles Daly with a true splinter forend, it's a necessity.

18 hours ago, watab kid said:

I saw them for sale at Mernickle Holsters and thought "I could make something similar" ..... I like how they look.

https://www.mernickleholsters.com/shop/Shotgun-Heat-Shield-p209843907

19 hours ago, runs with scissors said:

Lever Jim,

May I ask where you ordered your winchester 1873?  I am looking for one also.

Thanks

A gunshop here in Oz which I don't think would be much help to you.

22 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

What makes it a "competition" model?   I see checkered wood.  Anything else?  I know they are pretty smooth out of the box.

Probably just the eye watering sticker price.....but I hope more as it says "High grade stock and forend and factory short stroked from Winchester"

21 minutes ago, Lever Jim said:

Probably just the eye watering sticker price.....but I hope more as it says "High grade stock and forend and factory short stroked from Winchester"

Well, that's interesting.  Please post a pic of it with the lever open when you can. 

On 6/25/2021 at 10:00 AM, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

Buy some aftermarket firing pins for the Stoeger now so you won't have to wait weeks when the original pins mushroom and need replacement.

Is that something that's likely to happen? They look like they would be a pretty easy job to turn some up on my lathe.

Archived