Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Recommended Posts

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/cubs-fans-epic-beer-cup-snake-cost-almost-30000

 

 

The snake reached from the top of the upper section of center field beneath the scoreboard to the top of the lower centerfield section.

And how much beer had to be consumed to make that? And how much money was spent on beer?

Well some people did the math and the answer is a lot. An insanely large sum of money.

 
Epic beer snake at the Cubs game yesterday. Quick math (h/t ) A ~100 ft snake at 2 cups an inch = 2,400 beers. 2,400 beers x $12 each ——— $28,800 snake

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

They got some weird math experts. 2400 beers, equals $5,000 profit. That means they make $2 profit on a $12 beer.

 

So beer cost $10 a pint up in Yankee land? Daaayyyum.

Link to post
Share on other sites

id like to think 100 cups was a lot - it would be in one sitting for me but over 28k of beer would last me well over a year at least if i bought it at my store 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

 .... real exciting game ........ apparently ......   :rolleyes:

 

It was a pretty good game.   People in the stadium getting silly at the chance to finally get out after almost a year and a half. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

HUH... I need to focus better, I read the title as Beer Cup Cake!  Thought I'd find a cool new recipe! :lol:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Alpo said:

 

So beer cost $10 a pint up in Yankee land? Daaayyyum.

 

I think that at Oracle Stadium,  home of the San Francisco Giants,  a regular beer is 13 bucks.  Craft beers run about 23.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Alpo said:

They got some weird math experts. 2400 beers, equals $5,000 profit. That means they make $2 profit on a $12 beer.

 

So beer cost $10 a pint up in Yankee land? Daaayyyum.

Alpo,

 

  You need to get out some. That is what beer cost in every MLB stadium regardless of whether N or S, E or W. Beer would be roughly the same at Rangers, Braves, Marlins, Diamondbacks, Dodgers, Astros etc.......

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The article said the price of the beer is $12. They also said 2400 beers, and they made $5,000 profit.

 

$5,000 profit on 2400 beers is approximately $2 a beer profit. If the sale price is $12, and the profit is $2, the cost price is $10.

 

It's easy to accept that beer in baseball stadiums all over the country is $12 (or more) a cup. But a cup of beer should cost (that's the charge for the beer distributor, plus the refrigeration, plus the cost of the paper cup, plus the cost of somebody to walk around selling it) about a dollar, leaving them $11 profit on their $12 beer.

 

But since it this stadium the profit was only $2, then the cost of the beer (beer distributor plus refrigeration plus paper cup plus beer hawker) is TEN DOLLARS. Thus my surprise at the huge cost of beer up north.

 

Not the price of beer (that is what the retailer charges for it). The cost of beer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Alpo said:

The article said the price of the beer is $12. They also said 2400 beers, and they made $5,000 profit.

 

$5,000 profit on 2400 beers is approximately $2 a beer profit. If the sale price is $12, and the profit is $2, the cost price is $10.

 

It's easy to accept that beer in baseball stadiums all over the country is $12 (or more) a cup. But a cup of beer should cost (that's the charge for the beer distributor, plus the refrigeration, plus the cost of the paper cup, plus the cost of somebody to walk around selling it) about a dollar, leaving them $11 profit on their $12 beer.

 

But since it this stadium the profit was only $2, then the cost of the beer (beer distributor plus refrigeration plus paper cup plus beer hawker) is TEN DOLLARS. Thus my surprise at the huge cost of beer up north.

 

Not the price of beer (that is what the retailer charges for it). The cost of beer.

i understand what you're saying. Now, read Marshal Mo Hare's first comment.......slowly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

HUH... I need to focus better, I read the title as Beer Cup Cake!  Thought I'd find a cool new recipe! :lol:

I thought someone found a snake in a beer cup haha. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an episode of Bones. One of the squinterns was telling about a job he had had in the bartender, and the beer tap was running slow. Since they could find nothing wrong with the tap, they went looking in the lines, where they found a 10-ft tapeworm.

 

That was what I thought of when I saw the title. Figured there was a snake in the beer tap line.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.