SASS Wire Forum

The Queen is not pleased!

Lawdog Dago Dom

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/9/2021 at 5:24 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Just which shotgun would it be?  Would it be one of your Purdeys or one of your Holland & Hollands?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Don't make no difference. Theys Americans now and they'll cut the barrels to 18"for more mobility.

14 minutes ago, Noz said:

Don't make no difference. Theys Americans now and they'll cut the barrels to 18"for more mobility.

Only a savage would cut the barrels to 18". The more refined folk cut theirs to 20".

1 hour ago, Noz said:

Reminds me of a Lovejoy episode.

Lovejoy is the protagonist of a series of books which was made into a British TV show. He's an antiques dealer, and a bit of a con man. One year on the show, for some reason, they had him wearing a motorcycle jacket all the time.

So on this episode a guy wearing a motorcycle jacket and a full face helmet with a tinted face shield runs into a bookie joint with a sawed-off shotgun. BLAM! Fires a shot into the ceiling. "Give me the money."

The guy behind the counter, who would make Bluto off of Popeye look like Olive Oyl, just looks at him.

The robber yells, "Didn't you hear me? I want it now!", BLAM! Shoots into the ceiling again.

The guy behind the counter grins, and says, "Your gun's empty now mate", and starts to come around the counter. The robber drops the gun and runs.

The cops arrest Lovejoy. All guns in Britain are registered, so it was quite easy to trace this one. It belonged to him. The robber was dressed like him. The robber was physically the same size as him. And it was his gun. Case solved.

And he kept trying to explain to the cops. That gun was his retirement. It was a Holland and Holland Best Grade, worth £350,000. Why in the name of all that's holy would he cut the barrels off, making it worthless, to attempt to rob a bookie parlor of £50.

Yeah, I heard that he escaped from Newgate, caught a ship to the colonies, changed his name to Al Swearsalot (or something like that) and moved to Dakota territory.

On 3/13/2021 at 3:50 AM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Actually, you just did.

Sorta.  I reacted to this thread, which I consider collateral damage.:D

On 3/13/2021 at 4:37 AM, Cypress Sun said:

Only a savage would cut the barrels to 18". The more refined folk cut theirs to 20".

Consider me a savage!!  My mom and sister do!!  :ph34r: :rolleyes: :lol:

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Is that savage in a refined manner? B)

Honed? Perhaps! Refined? HARDLY!!

Archived