SASS Wire Forum

Congrats to you Mr. Bucky Buckskin you’re a good shooter and pard.   Also thanks to @Confederate Colt and all the fine folks who helped put on Dark Days and Darkness Falls.  Great event with even better folks.  Shooting in my first all BP match I couldn’t have asked for a better time, this is definitely on next year’s list

Sitting here in warm Sunny Florida, sipping my morning coffee, and reminiscing about the awesome weekend that was the Darkness Falls/Dark Day double header.  Congratulations to Bucky Buckskin as Top Male and Ray'l Gun as Top Lady, for BOTH matches.   YaaaaHoooo!

Darkness Falls 2021 Scores

Dark Day 2021 Scores

A big Thank You to Confederate Colt, Jane Deere, Bucky Buckskin, Rocky Creek Shooter & has wife, Yadkin Hawk, Smart * and Sunshine Rose, and everyone else who helped put n this match.  Once again, Lil Feathers and I had an absolutely fantastic time and enjoyed our break from Maryland's winter weather, even if we did have to scrape ice from the windshield a couple of mornings.

Posse 4 was great and Wabash Valley Slim, with the help of Preacherman, somehow managed to keep us all in line and running smoothly.  It was good to see some old friends again, meet some new folks, and get a chance to put a face to a person who I only knew through the wire.  (Special thanks to Tequila Shooter for the "sampler". I plan to utilize it this evening while I try to find an excuse to delay my scheduled return to Maryland on Tuesday!)

It was good to see Wiggly Down Yonder out on the range again.  Had not bumped into him in a long time (maybe Last Stand?) and it was good to see him still out shooting.  I do need to ask him where he got his Spotters Box because I think I may need to order one.  As a Spotter B), I make a damn fine Brass Picker! :P

Overall, the stages were great, it was a lot of fun, there were a few sequences I had not see before (which is one of the reasons I like to travel to matches), the food was great, the Honey Buns were to die for, and God willing, we will be back again next year.

Ditto to Digest Dad except for the Florida sun. Looking out at the window at the snow covered landscape and 28°.

Thanks to all the Fort White crew for another great match. This was our fourth DD and definitely won't be our last.

Archived