SASS Wire Forum

What Home Repair/Improvement Is Your Bane?

Cypress Sun

Of course “home repair” doesn’t really include cars, but I must say, I used to enjoy changing plugs and oil, etc, on my ‘67 Bellaire, but I can’t bother now on new cars - too many electronics and you need a ramp to change the oil.  What a headache.  The vestige was to tinker with lawnmowers, but I don’t mow the lawn anymore.  Wife won’t let me have a motorcycle.

I used to be the designated stripper (circa 1900 house) and painter. I still did some of the molding painting in the new house (circa 2008). Unfortunately, with my bum knee (torn meniscus) and arthritic hands, I was like a beached whale when I got on the floor. I still did the doors and first coats on the moldings. Also, I touched up the moldings when they were nailed up.

Despite Hubby's Peripheral Neuropathy, he does most of the stuff he did, just slower. He was an electrician by trade.  Thank God for friends. Max Sand pulled wire for our new house and Badlands Bud striped the wire for the outlets. :wub:

12 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Allie, I would be hard pressed to picture as a stripper, but.....oh now I see, Painter... 

Guess I should read the whole post and not jump to conclusions... 

I stopped 6 words in.  I knew she was going to ruin it if I went any further. 

Home projects and automotive restoration are generally covered by Ethan’s Rule of 3s:

1. It will take 3 times longer to complete than you thought it would.

2. It will be 3 times harder than you thought it would be.

3. It will cost 3 times more than you planned to spend.

Archived