SASS Wire Forum

32-20 ammunition

Semper Fi Cowboy

I use Starline brass, just got 500 more pieces from them 2 weeks ago, 2.4 grains of Trail Boss, and 100 grain RNFP cast bullet of which I got 1000 bullets 3 weeks ago from Badman Bullets. It's a nice load that all of my rifles and pistols like.

With a 115gr bullet, I've tried several different powders that I had on hand, and they were all fine.   3.2 gr of 231 (Hodgdon minimum), 5.0 gr of Unique (Lazercast manual), but the load I've used most is 2.7gr of Trailboss which I load with a dipper because I don't trust that light of a throw from my Lee powder measure..

1 hour ago, High Spade Mikey Wilson said:

I use Starline brass, just got 500 more pieces from them 2 weeks ago, 2.4 grains of Trail Boss, and 100 grain RNFP cast bullet of which I got 1000 bullets 3 weeks ago from Badman Bullets. It's a nice load that all of my rifles and pistols like.

I'm loading 2.6 grain a of Trail Boss under  115 train bullet from Missouri Bullet.  I load these for my Mrs.  She shoots them in rifle and pistol with no issues.

3.0 Grains of Trailboss behind a 100 grain .313" RNFP bullet.   I use an random mixture of brass, Remington, Winchester, Starline, whatever I can find, and Winchester small rifle primers.   Very nice shooting in my Winchester 73 made many decades ago, as well as a first and third generation Colt.

I use 3.0 gr Titegroup with a 115 gr bullet.  Gives about 750 to 800 FPS from pistols and about 1,000fps from 20” rifle.

Most factory ammunition exhibits ballistics of about 1,200 ft/s (370 m/s) and 325 ft⋅lbf (441 J) of energy at the muzzle with a 100-grain (6.5 g) bullet from an 18 to 20 inch rifle barrel.

Cowboy - what fps " lighter load" with what weight bullet do  you want?

Here's some help for your decision ... http://www.reloadammo.com/3220.htm

Archived