Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Recommended Posts

Yeah Boy...we are headed for Home Plate!

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yeah Boy...we are headed for Home Plate!

 

 

 

 

 

 

And still moving faster than this retirement train.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Well Pat I see you are busy today.

These Are Retirement Numbers All Couples Should Plan On, But Don't

That guy could be my Dad. 
 

 

This will be me today...

FDA16598-8EF0-4648-90F9-1712067AAC09.jpeg.b9021e11ae367c7b5f7eab00274bcfdf.jpeg

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

That guy could be my Dad. 
 

 

This will be me today...

FDA16598-8EF0-4648-90F9-1712067AAC09.jpeg.b9021e11ae367c7b5f7eab00274bcfdf.jpeg

 

see I knew you are sleeping :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always wondered if old people that drive slow were young people that drove slow.
I actually asked an old guy that at Rite Aid last year as he exited his car after I had to follow his slow a** into and through the parking lot. 
He had the strangest response. He told me to do something with myself that’s physically impossible. 
I told him to make America safe again and buy a freakin’ bus pass. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have always wondered if old people that drive slow were young people that drove slow.
I actually asked an old guy that at Rite Aid last year as he exited his car after I had to follow his slow a** into and through the parking lot. 
He had the strangest response. He told me to do something with myself that’s physically impossible. 
I told him to make America safe again and buy a freakin’ bus pass. 

 

Geez, Pat....the clock runs on all of us, eventually.  Your countdown to retirement is actually an indicator of when you can expect to suffer the same indignities of old age as that fellow does.  Add in your multiple injuries from cycling, and you are probably looking at a few restrictions on your speed and agility.

 

I truly hope you age more gently, but next time you are behind a grey headed driver, picture them as your own Dad or Grandad, and have a little compassion. 

 

Take it more slowly, and you'll have a more harmonius outcome....B)

 

LL

Edited by Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

 

Geez, Pat....the clock runs on all of us, eventually.  Your countdown to retirement is actually an indicator of when you can expect to suffer the same indignities of old age as that fellow does.  Add in your multiple injuries from cycling, and you are probably looking at a few restrictions on your speed and agility.

 

I truly hope you age more gently, but next time you are behind a grey headed driver, picture them as your own Dad or Grandad, and have a little compassion. 

 

Take it more slowly, and you'll have a more harmonius outcome....B)

 

LL

While your suggestion is valid and humorous I do understand what aging does to people. I also understand that people should know their limitations and react accordingly when their limitations become a liability, danger or an incumbrance to others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

While your suggestion is valid and humorous I do understand what aging does to people. I also understand that people should know their limitations and react accordingly when their limitations become a liability, danger or an incumbrance to others. 

 

Just wait, my friend...just wait. I guarantee that in a couple of years, when faced with the same issues in your own performance, you will cling to that driver's license like it was a lifeline.  Hardest thing my Dad ever did was give up his license...and then only after it was abundantly clear that he could not function.  I'm sure that there were a few youngsters behind him during the prior couple of years that were swearing at him for being an "incumbrance".  I would respond like your the guy in your post - driving slow is not against the law in most places, and a little courtesy and understanding is DUE to older folks.

 

LL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

 

Just wait, my friend...just wait. I guarantee that in a couple of years, when faced with the same issues in your own performance, you will cling to that driver's license like it was a lifeline.  Hardest thing my Dad ever did was give up his license...and then only after it was abundantly clear that he could not function.  I'm sure that there were a few youngsters behind him during the prior couple of years that were swearing at him for being an "incumbrance".  I would respond like your the guy in your post - driving slow is not against the law in most places, and a little courtesy and understanding is DUE to older folks.

 

LL

This is not the first time you have presumed to judge me Loophole. 
 

Know this. I do not need you telling me how I should think or feel. I am not a pup. I am no relation to you. I am not your student and you are not my mentor. You do not even know me or anything about me in real life. All you know is what you read here and you judge me on that. 
 

I seem to have touched a nerve with you. That is not my problem. That is your problem. I highly doubt you will ever be impacted by my actions so take my words as what they are, words. I do apologize if my words have harmed you in any way but I do not take back my words or my opinions. They are mine, just as your words are yours. 
 

Continuing this conversation will go no where good, I assure you. I hope you have a good day, Sir. 
 

Kind regards 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Missus is down to fewer than 60 working days til she retires!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some advantages.

You may receive this as a retirement gift!

b14d59e29abc32eedd1535d87c6c4d50.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Guess Pat will be riding in the cage for awhile

 


Yeah, that sux! 4-6 weeks. I pretty much wiped out summer riding this year. Back surgery in May now this. 
 

By the way, I bought a Sargent seat for my Versys. What a nice seat. I like it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to circumstances totally under my control, I will be unable to perform the countdown for the next few days (I'm going camping). So, I hope someone will fill in for me. (Also, feel free to do so anytime).B)

 

848 DAYS!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awe Shucks! No one needs to count me down. You go on and enjoy your trip. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.