SASS Wire Forum

SASS book club/swap/givaway?

Father.....Garth's current read thread got me thinking (I know, go to the bunker) about some sort of book club. I have a ton of classics we got when my father in law passed. We gave away (or close) about 2 pickup loads of books and records. I have all these books I'll read "someday" (yeah right) gathering dust until I kick the bucket and the next generation will have to deal with them. You always want your stuff to go to someone who will use it and appreciate it. Might be a good way to get rid of excess stuff to a good home. Anybody want to kick it around?

Sus amigo,

JHC

Pard, I'm a historian and an avid reader.  Mrs. Cassidy is constantly bugging me about using the library instead of buying books.  I always respond, "Why would I need to use the library?  I OWN ONE!"  When it comes to classics, gun books, literature, or ESPECIALLY history, I'm not parting with any of mine until I depart the earth!

I have passed on a number of books here in the past. Unfortunately, the logistics required for shipping during the current state of the Union make the idea problematic.

Great idea Captain. I’ve got quite a few woodworking books that I’d like to pass on to someone if they are interested. Pay the shipping is all I ask.

Why not put them on the exchange for local pick-up?

I have given away a lot of things on CanadianGunnutz, to the first local Gunnut that wanted them and picked the item up.

4 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Why not put them on the exchange for local pick-up?

I have given away a lot of things on CanadianGunnutz, to the first local Gunnut that wanted them and picked the item up.

It was just a thought, something to kick around. I live out in the sticks, lotsa stuff we don't have like the big cities.

JHC

Archived