SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cibola Al

Knife sheaths?

I have a nice little bowie knife I had made a few years back that I would like to hang on my rig. Unfortunately it came with a kydex sheath. Do any of you have a go to leather crafter for period knife sheaths? If you have pics, I'd love to see them. 

+ 1 for Johnny

• Like 1

I have my first "real knife", a Herter's Improved Bowie that I got in the early 60's. The case finally wore out, so I contacted Sullivan in Tampa who makes the Randall sheaths. Sent them the knife and they made me a perfect fit sheath for $45. Can post a pic if interested.

Church Key 

• Like 2

Danny Stinson 

Maverick Custom Leather

Farmersville Tx

+1 (405) 589-1667

Also on Facebook

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Church Key, SASS # 33713 said:

I have my first "real knife", a Herter's Improved Bowie that I got in the early 60's. The case finally wore out, so I contacted Sullivan in Tampa who makes the Randall sheaths. Sent them the knife and they made me a perfect fit sheath for $45. Can post a pic if interested.

Church Key 

I have a Randall Bowie on order, won’t see it for another couple of years but I do have a big Bowie I got at Phil Spagenbergers in Tombstone before they closed and it came without a sheath. I would love to get a sheath from this “Sullivan” guy especially since as you say he is in Tampa and I am down by Ft Lauderdale. So how can I contact him to send the knife?  Appreciate any help!

Posted (edited)

Sorry about the slow response; had a busy day installing a backup camera for my wife's 2010 Santa Fe. Anyhow, here are a few pics of the Sullivan sheath I mentioned earlier in this post:

Not sure of their contact info, try Google.

Church Key

IMGP1159.JPG

IMGP1160.JPG

IMGP1161.JPG

Edited by Church Key, SASS # 33713

No need to apologize, I will do as you suggest. Hope the camera install went well. 

I see Sullivans leather work at the gun shows. Looks pretty quality