SASS Wire Forum

S&W model 624 holster

Skvaughn

I’ve been asked to make a holster for a S&W model 624 with a 3 inch barrel, but none of my patterns match that gun exactly. Can someone advise me of other calibers or models that are close enough to have a holster design for one of them would fit this gun? Thanks. 

Thanks to everyone for the information, but I realized that I need to ask the question in a different way. I have the two pattern packs that are available through Tandy as well as the pattern pack for the Hand of God gun from Will Ghormley. Will any of those holster patterns fit this gun? There is one in the Buscadero Belts and Holsters pack for a 45 caliber smith or colt 4” (I would shorten the length.) and another one For S&W 44 target that has various lengths. Would either of these fit the 624?

HEY TN,

That pistol goes beyond a BBQ gun.   Its more like a 'Sunday go to meeting' gun.

A pistol that purdy would even make a Pimp in New Orleans feel special..... :D

..........Widder

Time to learn to make your own patterns, I think.

1 hour ago, Skvaughn said:

Unfortunately, I don’t have the gun, or I would certainly give that a try. 

You might try having the customer make a paper pattern with craft paper or paper grocery bags, stapling the seam around the gun.  Then, if you have a pattern for the longer guns, you can compare them and modify it accordingly.  I've done it that way, although I chew my fingernails down to the elbows until the customer tells me the holster fits! :rolleyes: :P

Archived