SASS Wire Forum

Live Round on Carrier, Action Open

Null N. Void

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

When you talk about how painstakingly considering... Getting on the Wire and whine...Yea, I question your desire to improve the game and hence my comment on whether you care.

With that said, how can we have a subjective call on a safety issue?

If someone can tell me how a round on/in the carrier is any different as it relates to safety, to than a round in the chamber on an open rifle pointed down range, I'd appreciate it.

Phantom

I actually AGREE with you on the open action being a MINOR safety issue instead of a SDQ offense. And a spent round left in an open action should be a non-call (my opinion) but's that's not the rule. We have rules that SASS sets (yes, I think they painstakingly consider these issues) and we have to abide by them, like it or not. But what constitutes an open action? Remove the subjectivity and pull the trigger. Yes, PULL THE TRIGGER. Control the firearm, aimed downrange and pull it. No round goes off, the action is deemed open and it's a MSV. Round fires and it's a SDQ. No subjectivity. If action is suspected as closed, have shooter open the action at the firing line, pointed downrange... live round comes out, it's a SDQ. We do have channels to have rules changed. Submit to your TG and have them raise the flag to the rules committee. And please don't ever question whether I care or not.

What if I see the round in the chamber, grab the rifle and shoot the target I didn't engage. Is it just a "p" and no miss rather than a safety and a miss. Oh wait, was the round partially in the chamber?

20 minutes ago, Assassin said:

What if I see the round in the chamber, grab the rifle and shoot the target I didn't engage. Is it just a "p" and no miss rather than a safety and a miss. Oh wait, was the round partially in the chamber?

IF you fired another firearm after discarding the rifle the first time:

MSV & a "P"...unless you admit that you saw the round in the chamber when you picked it up.

If you want to inject "benefit of doubt" where there is none (i.e. no one else saw it, so it didn't happen<_<

MSV for the "round remaining"

"P" for shooting the target "out of order"

NO miss if you hit a rifle target.

3 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

I actually AGREE with you on the open action being a MINOR safety issue instead of a SDQ offense. And a spent round left in an open action should be a non-call (my opinion) but's that's not the rule. We have rules that SASS sets (yes, I think they painstakingly consider these issues) and we have to abide by them, like it or not. But what constitutes an open action? Remove the subjectivity and pull the trigger. Yes, PULL THE TRIGGER. Control the firearm, aimed downrange and pull it. No round goes off, the action is deemed open and it's a MSV. Round fires and it's a SDQ. No subjectivity. If action is suspected as closed, have shooter open the action at the firing line, pointed downrange... live round comes out, it's a SDQ. We do have channels to have rules changed. Submit to your TG and have them raise the flag to the rules committee. And please don't ever question whether I care or not.

Yeah, been around for a while and know the rules:lol:

I'm discussing the topic... Not necessarily trying to change the painstakingly worked on rules.

Lastly, I'll question whomever I want regarding whether they care or not... And you can do the same;)

5 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I'm discussing the topic... Not necessarily trying to change the painstakingly worked on rules.

Lastly, I'll question whomever I want regarding whether they care or not... And you can do the same;)

One thing I’ve learned about the Phantomster over the years is that he is passionate about the sport that we all enjoy and he knows how to jerk yer chain without you knowing you’ve got a chain wrapped around yer neck.  He is a cerebral individual and should you rise to the bait he’ll suck you in like a large mouth bass dining on a crawdad and some of you folks that insist on fencing with the Phantomster haven’t learned yer lesson yet. He’s a pard to ride the river with and should you ever run into him at EOT or other locals be sure and shake his hand because he is one fine individual. Enuff said.

12 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

One thing I’ve learned about the Phantomster over the years is that he is passionate about the sport that we all enjoy and he knows how to jerk yer chain without you knowing you’ve got a chain wrapped around yer neck.  He is a cerebral individual and should you rise to the bait he’ll suck you in like a large mouth bass dining on a crawdad and some of you folks that insist on fencing with the Phantomster haven’t learned yer lesson yet. He’s a pard to ride the river with and should you ever run into him at EOT or other locals be sure and shake his hand because he is one fine individual. Enuff said.

Awe shucks...

:blush:

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Not interested in changing rules for the better? Hmm, then maybe just like to argue and spew "knowledge"; stultis  pervagatus est scriptor. Go ahead and question whoever you want; your opinion of me and my motives mean little. Notice you didn't comment on my suggestion. Maybe you're NOT interested in discussing the topic after all. ;)

2 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Not interested in changing rules for the better? Hmm, then maybe just like to argue and spew "knowledge"; stultis  pervagatus est scriptor. Go ahead and question whoever you want; your opinion of me and my motives mean little. Notice you didn't comment on my suggestion. Maybe you're NOT interested in discussing the topic after all. ;)

Sometimes not responding is the most polite response I can muster.

Oh, and welcome to our game of SASS.

Phantom

On 12/4/2018 at 1:00 PM, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

IF you fired another firearm after discarding the rifle the first time:

MSV & a "P"...unless you admit that you saw the round in the chamber when you picked it up.

If you want to inject "benefit of doubt" where there is none (i.e. no one else saw it, so it didn't happen<_<

MSV for the "round remaining"

"P" for shooting the target "out of order"

NO miss if you hit a rifle target.

That would be better than a SDQ.

5 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Polite? You? Hahaha And by posting that you're not responding... you're responding.

And thanks, but then I've been in SASS a bit longer than you, so...

And if that belief makes you feel all warm and comfy, I'm happy.

And I wasn't referring to badge numbers or years being a member... You might figure it out :lol:

The whole "benefit goes to the shooter" mantra that we hear about a million times a year, really gets on my nerves. Can't tell you how many times after someone has clearly had a rules violation, another person tries to negate the penalty by citing "benefit goes to the shooter." 

13 hours ago, Bramble Mountain Buzzard said:

The whole "benefit goes to the shooter" mantra that we hear about a million times a year, really gets on my nerves. Can't tell you how many times after someone has clearly had a rules violation, another person tries to negate the penalty by citing "benefit goes to the shooter." 

Just tell them you have no doubt. It probably won't shut the other person up, as he/she may be a "team shooter."

Archived