SASS Wire Forum

Dumb crook story

Trailrider #896

According to one report a guy goes into a convenience store, pulls our a gun and demands the clerk hand over the contents of the cash drawer.  However, before either the clerk or the would-be robber can do anything, the perp fumbles the  gun across the counter.  The clerk grabs the gun, but before he can do anything, the perp turns and runs out of the store, whereupon his pants fall down around his knees!  Gun turns out to be a BB or pellet gun.  Police still searching for the robber. :rolleyes::lol:

The store owner should have shot him in the butt with a couple of his own BB's.

That would have been poetic justice combined with a dose of humility.

Someone sent me a video of a robbery that was praising the clerk for being "ice cold" calm in the face of a pistol.  Look closely and the gun is not in battery - seems to be a stovepipe.  The kid gave the robber the money without a fuss..... probably store policy.... but I'd have given a pretty penny to see him jerk the guy's gun away and pistol-whip the bejazzus out of him with it.

I'm sure it would depend on your state, and maybe even your town.

But, pretending for the moment the gun was real, if when the crook dropped it the clerk picked it up and shot him dead, wonder what would happen to the clerk?

I can just see some persecuter explaining that since the crook no longer had the gun, the clerk's life was no longer in danger, so his use of deadly force was MURDER.

2 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I'm sure it would depend on your state, and maybe even your town.

But, pretending for the moment the gun was real, if when the crook dropped it the clerk picked it up and shot him dead, wonder what would happen to the clerk?

I can just see some persecuter explaining that since the crook no longer had the gun, the clerk's life was no longer in danger, so his use of deadly force was MURDER.

Yep no danger any longer or crook just turning to run away  not a danger anymore

5 hours ago, Shotgun Willie Nelson said:

The store owner should have shot him in the butt with a couple of his own BB's.

That would have been poetic justice combined with a dose of humility.

Beat me to it.

That was my first thought, too.

Archived