SASS Wire Forum

Practicing with the '97

Widder, SASS #59054

TN Williams (a Wartrace Cowboy) wanted me to post a video recently put on YouTube of playing around with my '97 back out on the farm.

This ain't for any record type runs and such, just a video of practicing in front of a camera.

YES, my hand is touching the shells because I didn't want to do a video where anyone would wonder if I was almost touching, barely touching, etc....

so I decided to just run a video of starting with hand on shells to eliminate any doubt.

Honestly, I can't tell if I hit the timer just perfect or not, but that doesn't really matter bacause I was just doing the video for practice purposes.

The SG is SASS legal and I had to pull the trigger for every shot.   YES, I was slam firing.

I'm having trouble posting the actual video but if you go into YouTube and type in:

'Widder gunning: 6 in 3.97'

That should bring up the video for you.

Hope you enjoy.......... for entertainment purposes only.

..........Widder

EDIT:  The 97 is an IAC 03 series.  It was tuned about 5-6 years ago by Curly Bill Kelly.  The only things changed since then is a couple new Ejectors and Bill changed out my hammer tension spring because I was starting to get slow hammer drops.

The shells are factory Win AA.

And here I was happy with getting 6 shots off in 7.11 with a 97.  I think I'll stick to my sxs I can at least get that in under a sec a shot 

3 hours ago, Wyatt said:

WYATT:   thanks for posting the site.

IMIS:   Red Knee is out in Oklahoma planning to  whoop me like a rented mule in October.   I heard a rumor that he is planning something called an "Black Rock Ambush" and show me no mercy.

BUT, it won't be me he has to fret over at the TN State, it will probably  be Box Car Kid, who is one of the best I've seen.   

..........Widder

CG:   When I pull 2 shells from my belt and pivot my hand to the port, I drop the lower shell in the port and pull the trigger with my Middle finger.   THEN, when I drop the 2nd shell in the port, I use my index finger to pull the trigger.    Basically, it is more natural for me to do it that way, but others may find one of their other fingers more accommodating.

My thumb doesn't go anywhere except sometimes it comes unscrewed from my hand and falls off..... ;)

I have 3 practice type videos on YouTube you can check out for techniques, etc.....

They are titled:  WIdowmaker Dry Fire Practice 1,   2,   and  3.

Glad you enjoyed the video.

..........Widder

Archived