SASS Wire Forum

Blame the gun?

Red Cent

Video evidence for the argument to NOT carry appendix IWB...

Ouch!

13 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

I wonder what mods(if any)were done to the Glock?

I just don't see how it could fire, if it was properly seated into the holster.

OLG

I really think he didn't have it fully holstered and when he bent over the pistol was pushed the rest of the way into the holster. The trigger caught on the holster or a piece of clothing.

I was always taught for IWB carry to holster first then insert your holster into your pants. May take a little longer but nothing will ever catch the trigger.

2 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I really think he didn't have it fully holstered and when he bent over the pistol was pushed the rest of the way into the holster causing it to fire.

I was always taught for IWB carry to holster first then insert your holster into your pants. May take a little longer but nothing will ever catch the trigger.

Agree about not fully into the holster.

I(SWAG)the the trigger made hard contact with the holster's belt loop.

OLG

11 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

And this is exactly why I'm considering an ankle holster.

You will, until you're tired of the off side weight, and bulk along with banging it into everydangthing.

Plus the gymnastics you have to go through, to retrieve the gun.

OLG

Sounds like the combination of the gun and the holster were ripe for an AD.  I don't know enough about either in this instance, but someone should have done a thorough analysis of the combination.  The other thing is the idiot agent should have removed his holstered gun before doing acrobatics!

3 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Sounds like the combination of the gun and the holster were ripe for an AD.  I don't know enough about either in this instance, but someone should have done a thorough analysis of the combination.  The other thing is the idiot agent should have removed his holstered gun before doing acrobatics!

That's the other post with the FBI clown, do'n the stupid......

OLG

Safe action system. 

The FBI acrobat, I bet, had a pistol with a safe action also. Hit the safe action trigger in his haste to grab and hide the gun. I have a G34 but I carry one of those old fashioned models with a grip and thumb safety. 

Archived