SASS Wire Forum

No Marlin For Me

Doc Shapiro

Stopped back in the LGS today. Found out that Remington laid off a bunch of folks, is filing bankruptcy, and no one has any idea when Marlin’s will be available. So I ordered another ‘73 short rifle. Should be in Wednesday or Thursday. Then the silly 10 dat wait before I can bring it home. 

Progress on rifle for Jacob (previously known as Sippin’ Whiskey). That alias is now available. 

Remington is not going under. They are restructuring but will remain in business during their bankruptcy filing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/gun-maker-remington-file-bankruptcy-protection-article-1.3872960

They laid off 122 employees at the Illion NY plant that makes the Marlins. There are still 1000 employees at that plant and overall they still employ around 3500. 

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/10/122-layoffs-remington-ilion/

7 minutes ago, Logan Sackett said:

Doc, there are usually several good JM Marlins on the gun selling websites if you really want one.

They typically don't cost any more than the '73 you're looking at. 

LS

Once I get through all the fees here in CA, ugh. I hate the hot air coming out of Sacramento 

Hey Doc. What caliber are you looking for? Old west gun room in El Cerrito has a few on consignment last I checked. I believe they belong to another cowboy shooter who’s name I can give you in pm if you want. I bought one of his colts and it’s in immaculate shape. By the way, I saw you the other week at Yolo but we were on different posses. All this time of seeing you on the wire and I had no idea you were local(ish)

1 hour ago, Redwood Kid said:

Hey Doc. What caliber are you looking for? Old west gun room in El Cerrito has a few on consignment last I checked. I believe they belong to another cowboy shooter who’s name I can give you in pm if you want. I bought one of his colts and it’s in immaculate shape. By the way, I saw you the other week at Yolo but we were on different posses. All this time of seeing you on the wire and I had no idea you were local(ish)

I'll be at Plainfield in 2 weeks.  Maybe we can actually meet in person!

38 spl/357 is the caliber that I'll need.  To be honest, well, really honest, El Cerrito is a bit of a haul for me, especially with the Bay Area traffic.  Having to make the run twice due to the rather unfortunate 10 day waiting period makes it a no go.  I appreciate that you let me know.  Thanks!

Jacob's rifle is on order and I'll do the paperwork mid week when it gets in.  He'll have it in hand not long after Plainfield.  After today's match he suggested that I let him keep my gun and I get his :wacko:

25 minutes ago, Doc Shapiro said:

I'll be at Plainfield in 2 weeks.  Maybe we can actually meet in person!

38 spl/357 is the caliber that I'll need.  To be honest, well, really honest, El Cerrito is a bit of a haul for me, especially with the Bay Area traffic.  Having to make the run twice due to the rather unfortunate 10 day waiting period makes it a no go.  I appreciate that you let me know.  Thanks!

Jacob's rifle is on order and I'll do the paperwork mid week when it gets in.  He'll have it in hand not long after Plainfield.  After today's match he suggested that I let him keep my gun and I get his :wacko:

That's what you get for making him push the gun cart!:lol:

Archived