SASS Wire Forum

AARP and Your

Rooster Ron Wayne

AARP and Your Second Amendment Rights just Dont Mix !

I joined AARP about two months ago .

Learned some info about AARP ,  That is a Game Changer .

I will be Canceling my membership today and telling them why !

Just thought some of you may also Not Know of AARP's Policy's 

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2013/4/10/does-the-aarp-still-want-your-guns/

Canceled mine a few years ago and stated why. Never heard a thing, just keep getting their propaganda in the mail.

I tried to tell them to quit sending me their silly card with their invitation to join but I still keep getting they go into the shredder immediately

AARP is a business. You are a customer, not a member!!  Their lobbying should be dealt with as such, but they seem to get a pass.

2 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

I tried to tell them to quit sending me their silly card with their invitation to join but I still keep getting they go into the shredder immediately

I just write "no thanks" on the form and use their postage paid envelope to send it back.

Figure that way at least the USPS gets some of their money AARP would otherwise use to bury the Constitution.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I tried to call them today .

But they was not open .

I will be calling and Canceling on Monday 8am .

Rooster 

I refused to join AARP because of their liberal slant, especially their push for Obamacare when it was initially proposed.

On 11/4/2017 at 4:13 PM, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

I just write "no thanks" on the form and use their postage paid envelope to send it back.

Figure that way at least the USPS gets some of their money AARP would otherwise use to bury the Constitution.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

When I was a young fella working in a bank's marketing department, we'd get those pre-paid application solicitation things back with "no thanks" or worse, and we paid the postage.  But the ones that made me smile was when they'd tape 'em to a brick.

Any idea what it cost to mail a brick?  :lol:

Just sayin'...   :rolleyes:

Just called and Cancelled with AARP.

Told them I to not agree with there Political stance and there views on the Second Admitted.

Not up for discussion Close the Account.

Rooster 

On 11/5/2017 at 10:00 PM, Assassin said:

AMAC

+100000

Although they really don't do anything for you, other than offer insurance companies to choose from and some discounts on hotels, car rentals etc. Big deal! You can do the same on your own. Senior discounts, NRA discounts, etc etc. They're just as much a rip-off as AARP but at least they're not anti-gun!

22 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

+100000

Although they really don't do anything for you, other than offer insurance companies to choose from and some discounts on hotels, car rentals etc. Big deal! You can do the same on your own. Senior discounts, NRA discounts, etc etc. They're just as much a rip-off as AARP but at least they're not anti-gun!

AMAC does appear to lean towards our values. The CEO created AMAC in order to compete against AARP. AMAC does offer pretty good discounts on cell phones and service. The price is reasonable considering using the discounts could pay for the cost of the annual fees quickly. I have not joined either, AMAC does look like a good alternative to AARP. As they grow they might become a heavy hitter for seniors, the larger the group the more discounts and louder voice.

3 hours ago, Assassin said:

AMAC does appear to leans towards our values. The CEO created AMAC in order to compete against AARP. AMAC does offer pretty good discounts on cell phones and service. The price is reasonable considering using the discounts could pay for the cost of the annual fees quickly. I have not joined either, AMAC does look like a good alternative to AARP. As they grow they might become a heavy hitter for seniors, the larger the group the more discounts and louder voice.

$16.00 a year, not bad.

they offered it to me for $12...:lol:

Archived