SASS Wire Forum

Fine Art

My wife and I can't afford a lot of fine art but we have over the years collected a few nice examples that we enjoy.  We have a couple/three paintings we enjoy, a few vases, and some sculptures/figurines. 

About 3 years ago, we were in an art gallery in Santa Fe and I saw a bronze sculpture of a little girl and a bison that just spoke to me.  I admired it for a while but didn't buy.  Then again about a year ago we went back to Santa Fe and again, I was drawn to the same piece.  It still talked to me; touched my soul.   But again, I didn't buy.

While surfing the internet, I again came across this piece of a lost little Native American girl reaching up and touching a bull bison.   After the wife and I talked about it, we decided to purchase that bronze that I have been admiring.  It arrived this morning and I would like to share the joy it is giving me.

I don't know if we have ever talked about fine art here in the Saloon.  But please share if you are so inclined.

"Receiving Strength" by Raymond Gibby  (11" x 15" x 6")

1NiAoS.jpg

Thanks for looking.

God bless,

Birdgun

My wife and I are in the process of down-sizing; getting rid of belongings is not easy.

Per a book she read, I have been instructed to pick up each item, stare at it carefully, and then answer the question, "Does this give me joy?"

If it does, keep it.  If not, let it go.

Seems like your new art passed that test before you bought it.  Great find.

As for me, my entire shop has been immunized....one look, and I can't wipe the grin off my face...of course it gives me joy!!!

LL

Guest Grass Range #51406

Very nice. I have several western theme bronzes and buffalo are my favorite subject but I would have bought that one if I had seen it somewhere

Bronze is one of the most beautiful of mediums for art.  My late father in law’s favorite piece of art was a copy of Fraser’s End of the Trail mounted Indian.  Great medium but almost always pricey even for decent reproductions.  Congratulations on a quality acquisition. 

Seamus

Archived