SASS Wire Forum

Yankees Astros

Utah Bob #35998

13 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The Astros are choking just like the Indians did!

I don't think they're choking.  Yanks' hitters are just in the zone!!

3 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Seems like a lot of teams have issues when they get to the Big Apple. 

Must be the dirty air from all the cockroaches and rats!!!:P

6 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Must be the dirty air from all the cockroaches and rats!!!:P

NAH!!!  EVERYBODY knows it's the genuine Coney Island hotdogs!!!

9 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

NAH!!!  EVERYBODY knows it's the genuine Coney Island hotdogs!!!

Never had one but that can't be any better than a DODGER DOG!!!:lol:

There are few dogs anywhere that match the original Coney Island hotdog.  the Dodger Dog ain't one of 'em!!  It IS a great sandwich!  It AIN'T a real down 'n' dirty hotdog!!  The Martinsville Raceway dog is another iconic hotdog.

I LOVE a classic Chicago dog!!  May be the only thing about Chicago I really like. It is a sandwich, though.

A real iconic hotdog requires only a bun and mustard.  Some of 'em may not even be good, but they have a history or a legend behind them.  We're talking about the actual sausage/Frankfurter here.

Don't know about the construction of said hot dogs, but I do recall the taste of the ones from Sportsman Park in St. Louis, 

when Dad would take me to see the Cardinals play. Rich sausage with brown mustard on a warm fresh bun. Best part

was eating it with Dad in the cool upper deck, watching the Cards beat the dodger. Ok, so that last part might have been fantasy,

but it did happen on occasion. 

Dem Brooklyn BUMS

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

There are few dogs anywhere that match the original Coney Island hotdog.  the Dodger Dog ain't one of 'em!!  It IS a great sandwich!  It AIN'T a real down 'n' dirty hotdog!!  The Martinsville Raceway dog is another iconic hotdog.

I LOVE a classic Chicago dog!!  May be the only thing about Chicago I really like. It is a sandwich, though.

A real iconic hotdog requires only a bun and mustard.  Some of 'em may not even be good, but they have a history or a legend behind them.  We're talking about the actual sausage/Frankfurter here.

Blackwater......the Hot Dog expert!!!:lol::P

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Blackwater......the Hot Dog expert!!!:lol::P

I prefer aficionado!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol:

Me and Mark, my guitar player, know where the best roller dogs are all up and down three interstate highways!!  I used to have the Coney Island dogs brought in in bulk by bus drivers that worked for the same company as I did.  Any time they found sausages or cheeses that they thought I'd like, they'd bring me some.  Whenever an act attended the race at Martinsville, they brought me back a couple of those red dogs!! :P

Orta' be a heck of a game!!  HOPE SO!!!

On 10/19/2017 at 11:18 AM, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Seems like a lot of teams have issues when they get to the Big Apple. 

Much as I hate the Yankees I must admit this is true. Playing the Yankees in NY in the playoffs is seldom easy to say the least.

JHC

so much for the * yankees

I'm glad for Justin Verlander.   

for my Tigers we've just hired on good Ol' Ron Gardenhire.   at least we have a manager for next year :)

WELLLLLLLLLL.  Reckon I'll hafta' support the 'Stros!!  The DOGGERS are just too ....................  

Yankees were a year ahead of schedule anyway.

yeah, I said DOGGERS!!  Cain't say what I usually call 'em here.

I was going to support the DODGERS but it was only because my cousin was a Dodgers fan, well he's gone and the heck with L.A.!

That Astros team is simply awesome!! Jose Altuve is only 5'5", what a little powerhouse! I like this team and they're American League so I'm signing off on the Dodgers and going with the Astros!!!!!;)

I'm a National Leage fan. But I must say I'll be rooting for the Astros this year. I like the way they play.

It is not as far from Houston to LA as it would have been from NY to LA..

Does that mean it will be a shorter World Series?

Houston in 4? We can  hope. 

Did I tell you I don't like the Dodgers?

Houston in four won’t happen. I like a seven game series. I only have to watch one.

Archived