SASS Wire Forum

Mec Repair

SouthwestShooter

My old Mec has 1 foot in the grave and the other on the old banana.

It's the older single stage type.

Does anyone know of a repair place in the Tucson area that might work on these machines?

I'm trying NOT to have to mail it to MEC.

Thanks

Windy City Red

Raceshots@aol.com

I doubt that you could get it repaired for the price of a good used one - or the price for MEC to rebuild it to essentially new standards.

So you may want to look for good used machines as an alternative.

They are  easy to repair, you may only need a few small parts.  If you can read a schematic, MEC has the parts for most older presses.  Look carefully and order everything you need. 

My first used 600jr was missing a couple of parts and I could see other worn parts. Ordered everything and had it up and running quickly.

https://www.mecshootingsports.com/parts-list

First of all, thanks for the replies.

Will call MEC but when reloading today, pin stopped popping out old primers, then all of a sudden theres a broken link pin on my table.

Will try e-bay also.

Thanks again.

20 minutes ago, SouthwestShooter said:

First of all, thanks for the replies.

Will call MEC but when reloading today, pin stopped popping out old primers, then all of a sudden theres a broken link pin on my table.

Will try e-bay also.

Thanks again.

Odds are you will pay more for used parts on ebay than you will for new ones from MEC, Graff & Sons, or Gamaliel Shooting Supply.

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Odds are you will pay more for used parts on ebay than you will for new ones from MEC, Graff & Sons, or Gamaliel Shooting Supply.

Yup-Take pics of your press, and broken parts and send'em to MEC.

This will be you best recourse here.

OLG

I have been rebuilding MEC presses for over 20 years, and keep a large stock of parts on hand to accommodate those repairs.  However you are in Arizona, and I'm in Texas, so I can't do you much good.

Two recommendations.

If you don't have a parts schematic, go to the MEC website and download one to match your press.  That way you can order by part number, and avoid possible mistakes.

The other is DO order your parts from Gamaliel.  They use MEC part numbers, only add an "M" in front of the part number.  You will get faster service, and on some items, a better price.

www.gamaliel.com    800-356-6230

RBK

I might have a similar press you can have for parts might have everything you need or might not its in storage was the single stage I learned to load shotgun on but I got a MEC progressive that I use now or I think it's a single stage as I've not seen it in years.

sometimes I enjoy getting an old machine back in working order

other times, especially if I need it to work I go with the new or at least newer one.

guess available time and $$ plays a part in it

Of course I'm a child of a child of the Depression and still believe there are people in Europe who will starve if I don't eat my green beans

Archived