SASS Wire Forum

PC Police At It Again

Yul Lose

I didn't hear it sang but I've read about it this morning. A singer on the Tenors group substituted the phrase "All Lives Matter" and a few other words into the Canadian national anthem at the MLB All Star game last night and people are going nuts over it. I guess all lives don't matter to a huge number of people in this country anymore.

So who's being improperly politically correct? The singer who altered the words to Canada's national anthem? The people "going nuts over it"?

How would you feel if the American anthem were modified in such a way? Would it be okay if the last line were changed to "Land of the free, where all lives matter"?

I'm not trying to pick a fight. Just looking for honest and respectful dialogue on the topic.

Political correctness will eventually destroy the country.

I think it already has.

So who's being improperly politically correct? The singer who altered the words to Canada's national anthem? The people "going nuts over it"?

How would you feel if the American anthem were modified in such a way? Would it be okay if the last line were changed to "Land of the free, where all lives matter"?

I'm not trying to pick a fight. Just looking for honest and respectful dialogue on the topic.

Personally I would be 100% okay with it because they do. Political correctness is blowing this country apart and all you had to do was listen to our presidents address at the memorial service the other day in Dallas to see how. How do you think all of those police officers and their friends and families felt when he said some of the stuff he said? So yes if someone wants to inject All Lives Matter I say more power to them because THEY DO!!!

I didn't hear it sang but I've read about it this morning. A singer on the Tenors group substituted the phrase "All Lives Matter" and a few other words into the Canadian national anthem at the MLB All Star game last night and people are going nuts over it. I guess all lives don't matter to a huge number of people in this country anymore.

Did he alter the words? All I heard about was one of them holding up a sign. Note, I didn't hear it was the the 3 tenors, but heck, I don't know what those guys look like so maybe it was them.

ap_433151735297_wide-c532d44bbe237923b2b

Did he alter the words? All I heard about was one of them holding up a sign. Note, I didn't hear it was the the 3 tenors, but heck, I don't know what those guys look like so maybe it was them. ap_433151735297_wide-c532d44bbe237923b2b

Yes, he sang the words also. I just heard on the news that the guy is even getting death threats because of it. Wonder what would happen if Rosanne Barr sang her rendition nowadays like she did one time at a Padres game?

It is MY country's national anthem, personally I found it very offensive. If you want to find a place to push any political agenda find somewhere else to do it.

Political correctness will eventually destroy the country.

Already well down the road of destruction

Archived