SASS Wire Forum

Another fine cowboy, Hezekiah Hawk, has moved on down the trail

Bison Bud

I haven't been very active here or on the range lately and it's been awhile since Ron made it out to a match as well, due to health issues and an intense interest in custom cars and hot rods. However, this game lost a fine representative this past week and it will never be quite the same. Ron/Hezekiah was one of my best pards in the game and a great match traveling companion. Ron was also a great ambassador of the game and was an instrumental part in the startup and success of the club called Possum Trot in Tenn, which unfortunately has since closed.

Ron was just a couple weeks from his 70th birthday and died from complications from a severe stroke he suffered at home on January 25th. My heart goes out to his wife Gretel and all his friends and family. Ron will be missed and was quite a loss to this game and way of life. Rest in peace my friend, I'm a better man for having known you!

For his local pads, the will be a Memorial dinner on February the 28th at 2:00 pm at the Hidden Dragon Restaurant, in Alexandria, Ky.

Prayers & condolences for family & friends from Dakota Skipper & the Dawg

A fine pard and always a hoot to be around!!!! Our sport is lessened by his passing...

Prayers up for comfort for Ron's family and friends.

Prayers for him and his family in this time of loss...Jim

Well,

Sorry to learn of his passing. I sure do have fond memories of the early days of Possum Trot with Hezekiah Hawk leading the way with Hepsibah in tow. My condolences to his family and friends.

Vaya con Dios,

Keystone

Hezzy was my friend. I posted the news in the Saloon. I hope the family finds peace and comfort in knowing he is remembered and missed.

Archived