SASS Wire Forum

How Wyatt Earp Murdered Curley Bill

Dantankerous

Interesting video. Not sure I agree with the "murdered" part in the title, but this guy seems to have done his homework...

https://www.full30.com/video/852fcd0104fd46fdc978ce1288e041a4

Enjoy!

Neat video. I would disagree with the description that Wyatt Earp crossed a "raging river" in Tombstone, and I have to question the distance involved, at least as shown, if Earp did nearly cut Curly Bill in two with the shotgun. Otherwise, very informative.

Won't play! There was an article in one of the old west magazines some years ago, that stated that Curly Bill didn't actually die by being shot, but went to Montana and later died of the measles! But, when the legend becomes fact...

If Wyatt killed Curly Bill, he committed a "homicide", defined as killing of a man or woman. As a Deputy U.S. Marshall, he was probably fully justified, but, it was not "murder", per se.

(Can't get the video to play.)

Won't play! There was an article in one of the old west magazines some years ago, that stated that Curly Bill didn't actually die by being shot, but went to Montana and later died of the measles! But, when the legend becomes fact...

If Wyatt killed Curly Bill, he committed a "homicide", defined as killing of a man or woman. As a Deputy U.S. Marshall, he was probably fully justified, but, it was not "murder", per se.

(Can't get the video to play.)

"Wearing that badge don't make you right"

Or at least I believe that was the quote from the movie

Archived