SASS Wire Forum

Scotch anyone?

Clueless Bob

If you're a brawny man and like a brawny scotch - Aberlour has their A'Bunadh at %60.5, that's cask

strength unfiltered at 120 proof, and absolutely the best tasting thing I have had in a decade!

Love this stuff, it is my go to Scotch, pair it with a good cigar and some buddies, mmhmm good times.

Going back to Utah Bob's question about mixing drinks, can anyone explain the current fad of mixing large quantities of cinnamon and or honey with what might be considered pretty good whiskey? I mean like Crown Royal even?

To get the Millenials to buy it. Just like the spate of apple ales and hard lemonade. Rather than deveop a conservative taste for alcoholic beverages just gulp itdown likesody pop. Is it anynwonder that bingedriniing is a huge problem these days? I like how they advertize this sweet crap showing barely legal types partying away....then at the endof the commercial comes the Please Drink Responsibly graphic.

:rolleyes:

Kind of makes you wanna sit around the fire and compare notes, don't it?

"The nose is rich and smokey. The medicinal notes are quite evident with notes of the sea; seaweed, tarry ropes. There are notes of cut hay and wood smoke rising with a gentle estery sweetness. The palate is thick and full. Notes of citrus with smooth sweetness. The smoke wafts with notes of seaweed. The oak is quite rich with grist and cereal and malt. The finish is of good length with fruit and dry oak."

Kind of makes you wanna sit around the fire and compare notes, don't it?

"The nose is rich and smokey. The medicinal notes are quite evident with notes of the sea; seaweed, tarry ropes. There are notes of cut hay and wood smoke rising with a gentle estery sweetness. The palate is thick and full. Notes of citrus with smooth sweetness. The smoke wafts with notes of seaweed. The oak is quite rich with grist and cereal and malt. The finish is of good length with fruit and dry oak."

I have come to appreciate my "unsophisticated palate" a lot. It allows me to enjoy the tastes I like without wasting a bunch of time running my mouth and having to listen to others expound on perceived or imagined hints of stuff that likely was never there in the first place.

If you gotta' drink, DRINK!! Don't talk!! :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

I, too thought the wine snobs and whiskey snobs were making the tastes up until I got ahold of a good scotch that was aged in sherry barrels. In that I coould actually identify the sherry and taste the charred oak.

There is something to it!

Utah Bob. Your knowledge and wisdom are of great benefit to those of us with lesser endowment.

So, the smoke wafts with the notes of seaweed, or the estery sweetness and tarry ropes don't set off any ecstatic jolts for you? Pity that. Instead, visualize a bottle-full of that stuff, which sounds a great deal like the beach sludge washed up in a filthy harbor.

;-)

I'll just drink the scotch.

My recommendation is switch to bourbon, it does a body good.

Capt Bill is right!!......Throw that sour, wood tasting stuff out and switch over to a real whiskey-Bourbon! Try Makers Mark, damn good, fiscally priced, carried at all grocer stores! My drink of choice! I also like the Wild Turkey 101 bourbon....But I drink, drinking mans whiskey so to speak(no sipping over here) Doubles poured straight up my good sir! So it makes no sense to buy high dollar sippers that are aged 12yrs! Im just gonna "kill" the bottle anyway :);):D:lol::P

Capt Bill is right!!......Throw that sour, wood tasting stuff out and switch over to a real whiskey-Bourbon! Try Makers Mark, damn good, fiscally priced, carried at all grocer stores! My drink of choice! I also like the Wild Turkey 101 bourbon....But I drink, drinking mans whiskey so to speak(no sipping over here) Doubles poured straight up my good sir! So it makes no sense to buy high dollar sippers that are aged 12yrs! Im just gonna "kill" the bottle anyway :);):D:lol::P

Makers Mark is my favorite 'affordable bourbon' by a long shot!

Archived