SASS Wire Forum

Prayers please for critical Brevard County, Fl., deputy sheriff.

Deputy Spenser Hawk

Please say a prayer for one of my co-workers. Agent Casey Smith was working a prostitution/drug investigation last night. When approaching a residence he was shot. Agent Smith was wearing body armor, but was shot below the vest. He was flown this morning from the local hospital where he had life saving surgery last night to the trauma unit in Orlando this AM. He was able to return fire and shoot the suspect!

Fortunately, because of a good trainer, we all now have trauma kits. I am sure when the details come out between this and the fire station w/ great medics, being 1/2 mile away he is still with us. As of lunch time he was in critical and unstable condition. Married w/ young children. Thanks in advance! Deputy Spencer Hawk

Our prayers for him and his family...God Bless....Jim

Prayers up for complete and fast healing.Prayer also up for comfort for his family and friends,

Prayers on the way

Prayers made! God bless our LEO's

Update. Moving fingers today & opening eyes to follow as people move around him. Not out of woods but all positive signs. Many thanks for prayers. Would like to thank the hundreds of local people who gave blood today in Deputy Smith's honor to replenish the local stock for the next injured person. I am very lucky after 34 years of service & all the bad press as of late to know & always recognize all the good & decent people we go to work for everyday. Thanks again! Agent Robert Wagner, Brevard County Sheriff's Office, Merritt Island, Florida. AKA Deputy Spencer Hawk. Proud father of Deputy RJ Wagner Jr & Deputy/Trainee Bethany Dowding

Archived