SASS Wire Forum

What in the wide world of Sports is going on?

Chicago Cubs have won six games in a row. Best of the Central Division in the National

League. Are they making a run at the Pennant?

I am going to have to get in more beer, I can see that.

Chicago Cubs have won six seven games in a row.

Fixed that for ya, BMC. They just got done demolishing the Brewers for a series sweep!

Few things in life have let me down so gloriously and so often as those bums in blue, but perhaps next year is here.

Here's one from Steve Goodman commiserating with us sorry lot:

I think they just won their seventh in a row today! As a 67 year old Cub fan please don't expect me to get excited. St Louis is a monster od a team with a big lead in the division and the Cubs have been known to fade slightly in the last month of the season. But I will say that right now is a realy good time to be a Cub fan.

But I will say that right now is a realy good time to be a Cub fan.

And if not now, next year is gonna be an excellent time!

Whoever thunk we could be staring down a Cubs v Astros World Series?

Might have to burn down Busch Stadium to get there, but I'll gladly bring the marshmallows for roasting if'n someone tosses the match. ;)

Dirty Tricks Dept.

Some time ago, there was a Cubs fan who taped every game. If the Cubs won, he put the tape into his video library, if they lost, he recorded over it. THen during the long cold winter, he could pull outa tape and watch his beloved Cubbies win.

Hi brother, of course, knew this and also recorded the Cubs games. He selected the most heartbreaking loss of the season and slipped the tape of the lost game into the library "all winning" tapes.

Archived