SASS Wire Forum

In some U.S. churches, guns are the answer to a prayer

I carry at church, my pastor knows I carry (as do several others in the congregation) and he has no issue with it (as long as we don't shoot him.. :) )

The Pastor of our church started asking a few 'Permit Holders' to start carrying in church over 2 years ago.

As far as I know, about 1/2 dozen or more of carry all the time.

There is atleast 1 church in our area that has outside security of members who have rotation patrols.

I know of one person who carries a hicap Springfield XD Mod 2 on his person AND, a Mossberg 930 in his vehicle.

..........Widder

Reminds me of this story. Heard as part of a Sunday Sermon I heard long ago.

I Sent You a Rowboat

A very religious man was once caught in rising floodwaters. He climbed onto the roof of his house and trusted God to rescue him. A neighbour came by in a canoe and said, “The waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and we’ll paddle to safety.”

“No thanks” replied the religious man. “I’ve prayed to God and I’m sure he will save me”

A short time later the police came by in a boat. “The waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and we’ll take you to safety.”

“No thanks” replied the religious man. “I’ve prayed to God and I’m sure he will save me”

A little time later a rescue services helicopter hovered overhead, let down a rope ladder and said. “The waters will soon be above your house. Climb the ladder and we’ll fly you to safety.”

All this time the floodwaters continued to rise, until soon they reached above the roof and the religious man drowned. When he arrived at heaven he demanded an audience with God. Ushered into God’s throne room he said, “Lord, why am I here in heaven? I prayed for you to save me, I trusted you to save me from that flood.”

“Yes you did my child” replied the Lord. “And I sent you a canoe, a boat and a helicopter. But you never got in.”

Source: unknown.

I carry, our pastor carries. Several other members carry. But you can never tell whom is.

Reminds me of this story. Heard as part of a Sunday Sermon I heard long ago.

I see threads on this subject, more and more lately. And there are usually several people that say, "Carry in God's House? That's a sin. I don't need to carry. God will protect me." And when I read that, I think of that story.

Another board, same subject. Feller said that he would not "disgrace(?), blaspheme(?), something (I don't recall the term he used)" a Catholic church by carrying a gun into it. God would protect him, and if God chose that moment for him to die, he was in the perfect spot.

Someone else said, "Fine, but what about the woman or the little kid next to you, that the shooter ALSO hit, that you might coulda prevented if you'd been armed?"

Makes you think.

Against the law in my otherwise reasonable state. I know some lawbreakers.

The Mumbia attacks in 2008 were a real signal that a dozen or so individuals can time a very ugly situation. Always be ready. It may never happen, but then again....

The pastor of a big church I attended in Ohio had a bodyguard. People used to snark about it. "If he's God's servant then won't God protect him?" My answer was, "Well, yeah. That's why He gave the pastor a bodyguard."

Archived