SASS Wire Forum

A.A.A.D.D.

Rancocas

KNOW THE SYMPTOMS.....PLEASE READ!
Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder.
Somehow I feel better, even though I have it!!

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
This is how it manifests:
I decide to water my garden.
As I turn on the hose in the driveway,
I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up
from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.
I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table,
and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway,
I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house
to my desk where I find the can of Pepsi I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Pepsi aside
so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The Pepsi is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Pepsi, a vase of flowers on the counter
catches my eye--they need water.

I put the Pepsi on the counter and discover my reading glasses that
I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk,but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter,fill a container with water and
suddenly spot the TV remote.
Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight t when we go to watch TV,I'll be looking for the remote,
but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table,
so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on to the floor.

So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the car isn't washed
the bills aren't paid
there is a warm can of Pepsi sitting on the counter
the flowers don't have enough water,
there is still only 1 check in my check book,
I can't find the remote,
I can't find my glasses,
and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.
Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn day, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail....

Hahah..this is awesome..now I'm trying to remember what it was I had intended on doing when I sat down and logged in to the Wire

That's scary. lol actually sounds much like one of my days

I sooo have this. Good thing there's a support group . . . and they dress like cowboys. . . . and they shoot . . .

Seems like I have ammo I need to load

Gun cart needs cleanin' out

man its durty. . . but the guns are dirty too

better clean them

wonder if my pants are clean

shoot, I gotta clean my boots. . .

and I need socks. . .

wait. . . why am I on the wire? no matter. . . Hi guys!

I had started a really clever post, but

I had to go to the bathroom

while i was in their I noticed the trash can was full. I thought i better take that downstairs to the big trashcan so I took it out and set it outside the bathroom door to go to the utility room and get a fresh bag for the can. The cabinet with the bags is above the washing machine and as I reached for the cabinet door I thought I'd put a load of clothes in the washing machine. Oh that's right we're out of detergent. "Hey honey", I ask Missus Tyrel, "Did you get any detergent today?" She replies, "Yes, it's in the car". On the way to the garage I notice a couple of empty glasses on the counter so I put them in the sink and think hmmm, guess I'll wash the dishes. My son then yells and asks me to bring him a towel because there are no more in his bathroom cabinet. I take him a towel and then back down the hall into the living room and set on the couch next to Missus Tyrel. She looks at me and says, "I thought you were going to wash clothes?"

So now a bag of trash is in the hall, the bathroom trash can does not have a bag in it, the laundry detergent is still in the car, and the dishes really need to be washed. Guess I better at least take the trash out.......

I'm only 40, does this get worse with age?

Most importantly, if I read correctly, you left the hose running all day.

I might have but I don't remember if I shut it off.

I had started a really clever post, but

I had to go to the bathroom

while i was in their I noticed the trash can was full. I thought i better take that downstairs to the big trashcan so I took it out and set it outside the bathroom door to go to the utility room and get a fresh bag for the can. The cabinet with the bags is above the washing machine and as I reached for the cabinet door I thought I'd put a load of clothes in the washing machine. Oh that's right we're out of detergent. "Hey honey", I ask Missus Tyrel, "Did you get any detergent today?" She replies, "Yes, it's in the car". On the way to the garage I notice a couple of empty glasses on the counter so I put them in the sink and think hmmm, guess I'll wash the dishes. My son then yells and asks me to bring him a towel because there are no more in his bathroom cabinet. I take him a towel and then back down the hall into the living room and set on the couch next to Missus Tyrel. She looks at me and says, "I thought you were going to wash clothes?"

So now a bag of trash is in the hall, the bathroom trash can does not have a bag in it, the laundry detergent is still in the car, and the dishes really need to be washed. Guess I better at least take the trash out.......

I'm only 40, does this get worse with age?

At some point, you forget your own name. . . so yes, it gets worse.

At some point, you forget your own name. . . so yes, it gets worse.

Heck, I've had that problem for years. I've said for ages that I joined the Army so I didn't have to pull out my license when somebody asked my name, just look down at my chest. Only problem was if I looked at the wrong side, I couldn't recall my first name starting with a U.

Heck, I've had that problem for years. I've said for ages that I joined the Army so I didn't have to pull out my license when somebody asked my name, just look down at my chest. Only problem was if I looked at the wrong side, I couldn't recall my first name starting with a U.

General Grant's did. :)

Archived