SASS Wire Forum

Gun Cleaning Vise plans

Shawnee McGrutt

Hope I put this in the right place.

Do any of you boys, have plans for a gun cleaning vise? Most of the ones I saw online, looked sort of hurriedly put together and built with 2x stock. I have some pretty red oak I would like to use.

Thanks

I dont have "plans" as such, I will try to shoot a pic and email it to you if you send it to me in PM. Mine is simple and uses a woodworkers clamp to hold gun to the base. I did have a clamp on the base, but didnt like it. I have another in the works using walnut and mesquite.

I tried to post pics, but keep getting message "not allowed to use that image extension in this community" They are .jpgs.. sooo dont have a clue

I haven't seen him around in some time, but you miight try to get in touch with Ricochet Roy. As I recall, he makes some beautiful ones.

Not home built but I have found this vise by HySkore to work extremely well.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/598507/hyskore-armorers-vise-metal-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Padded jaws, will clamp onto a bench up to 3 inches thick, and the jaws rotate 360 degrees.

I just have a small regular metal vise that I made wooden jaw plates for. then clamp barrel in vise and butt on a rabbit ear bag. quick simple and handy GW

I found this online and built it....just used scraps I had around my shop. It's not furniture or anything, I just keep it hanging on a nail on the side of my reloading bench and break it out when I need a third hand when working on long guns.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2006/buildagunstand/index.asp

Archived