SASS Wire Forum

Cat Lovers Only

Sounds sort of like what the old tom cat used to sing to my cat. The old boy still owes for kitten support.

Doesn't he leave a dead bird on your doorstep now and then?

Can't open the site - 'tis banned at my end. But when I get home I'll summon Lamont the Big Dummy Cat Jack the Tabby and let him watch it with me. :)

Many years ago we had a pair who would leave offerings of gopher heads. Reckon they kept the prime cuts for their own enjoyment.... :blush:

Hi HC,

I can tell when they find a gopher, only part of the head is left and there may be blood everywhere. With birds, there are feathers. They rarely eat the mice, rats, or bats. Hubby had a bat offering in the house while I was at the Convention. I found one once, creepy!

Picky rascals, ain't they? :lol:

The two were brother and sister, named Thyme and Rosemary. Thyme had for years studied the hummingbirds slurping at the feeder... he would stare intently with this little "kitty thought baloon" over his head ~ "Yum! I WANT one!!"So one day I w

So one day I was sitting at the kitchen table having coffee and gazing out the windows, watching one of the li'l hummers tanking up at the lyster. Suddenly, from the top of the swamp cooler, there was a flash like a fat, grey lightening bolt! Thyme (who looked like Tom of Tom and Jerry fame) went streaking past the window with the hummer in his mouth! Didn't see him touch down, but I assumed he'd made a 4-point landing.

Surprised as the dickens, I dashed outside to see if I could save that poor hummer. Alas... Thyme made it QUITE clear that he was not about to surrender his prize! Ah well... I doubt if it had survived the shock of being nabbed by an airborne feline.

But he never again tried to grab a hummer. He'd look at 'em, and that li'l kitty thought balloon would appear, with "Ha! You guys ain't so speshul. I could have ya if I wanted ya, but hey - at only a half a bite yer not worth the effort!" ;)

Archived