SASS Wire Forum

pony racer # 39210

I have been ordering shot through Badman bullets for quite some time but while waiting for other bullets to arrive I ordered 500 38 spl (157 grn) and 500 32 HR (100 grn).

The site says the red lube is BP friendly.

Any experience with these bullets both with real Black powder and or APP?

I am very impressed with bullets themselves, the packaging and quick shipment.

PR

Any lube or no lube for APP works. Don't know about that lube with BP.

I used their 405 gr rnfp for my 45-70 sharps. Great with smokeless but fouled terribly with real BP. I am working on a better lube solution. After 4 shots accuracy degraded. Great company though. Will continue to do business for my smokeless lead.

I use their bullets with Grafs FFg in .38spl and .44-40 and they work just fine. I do spray ballistol on all my guns after 3 stages though. At CAS distances I don't believe you'll lose enough accuracy to matter.

APP, what's that?

I shoot Badman bullets with Goex and Shuetzen. The lube is, in fact, compatible with black powder.

However, note that most of the Badman designs don't carry much lube. Generally, they work fine in the pistols for an entire match. But, even though they are compatible with black powder, there just isn't enough of the lube present to keep the rifle running for long without help.

I regularly use BADMAN 157gr .38s over BP (Goex, Kik, or whatever REAL BP happens to be available at the time) side-by-side with other BP shooters using a variety of competitor's bullets.

I've also used SPG-lubed 158s in revolvers to compare the characteristics of the two in shorter barrels.

No matter which brand of bullets/lube we're using, the rifles definitely benefit from a "wipe down" every other stage or so to minimize fouling, with the attendant "flyers".

Similar experience with .44spl and .45 Colt bullets of various manufacture...with a decided preference for BADMAN's products. This was found to be true with barrel lengths from 16" to 24".

I've never used any BP subs, so cannot address that variable.

The excellent level of service (and the opportunity to visit the shop on a regular basis) of BADMAN bullets has made me a confirmed customer.

PWB

Archived