SASS Wire Forum

SASS Membership Predictions?

I think the have or are close to peaking.

Too many old geezers like me that will be falling off the rolls and I don't see

that many new folks rushing the gates.

Remember that the children of the 70s and 80s had GI JOE dolls for their heros, and

then there were the Power Rangers.

Hoppy, Roy and Gene are long gone.

At the Nevada State shoot this last weekend there were quite the group of youngsters shooting. and several new sass members with badge numbers in the 100xxx range. Nevada is quite the small state population wise. I wouldnt give up hope yet.

IMHO, I think it will hit 200k but not in my lifetime. Down here we're seeing quite a few new shooters, not necessarily in their youth but a lot younger than most of us.

Now that the SASS membership numbers are over 100,000, do you predict that the membership numbers will ever be over 200,000?

Sadly, I don't.

"ever" is a long time . . .not sure I want to get into betting on whether a friend will live or die . . . . I'll keep playing, keep trying to bring in family and friends, and leave 'ever' to those who come after . . .

SC

I think the have or are close to peaking.

Too many old geezers like me that will be falling off the rolls and I don't see

that many new folks rushing the gates.

Remember that the children of the 70s and 80s had GI JOE dolls for their heros, and

then there were the Power Rangers.

Hoppy, Roy and Gene are long gone.

70s and 80s kid here. And while I did like GI Joe I also grew up watching John Wayne and playing Cowboys and Indians. Don't underestimate the 35-45 year old crowd. I am also happy to say my son loves the old westerns too.

That 30 to 45 yr old group grew up on Clint Eastwood and Tom Seleck movies and Silverado! Don't sell 'em short!! Don't forget Tombstone and Wyatt Earp as well as Dances With Wolves. We may not have liked them all that well, but they sold a lot of tickets, and somebody bought those tickets.

See the subject is here in the Saloon, and hasn't got pulled next door. Hope Birdgun isn't tarred and feathered? This may scar him for life. MT

Me too! It so very uncomfortable and hard to get off. And the rail isn't the most pleasant ride. :blush:

Archived