SASS Wire Forum

New rules related board for cas

Blackey Cole

Why don't we create a new board for rule inquires must like they did for the WBAS side. That way the wire is the normal board minus the wtcs and rule inquires. If the roc feel that a post is of importance it can take the important posts that lead to understanding a rule and add to a sticky of rule inquires. That will cut down on some of the dead equine posts and make it easier for us shooters to read the rules and get the intent and pentaly correct for each rule. It could be formatted so that one stiky goes with the shooters handbook the next roI , then one for roII. The beginning of the post or title would refer to the book, then page number, then rule(s)

In the body would be the question then it would decide the next sections from the question by using some formatting technique.

Then put the relevant post in this section, next section you provide the intent for the rule and in the final section the pentaly or pentalies in it and the last sect the roc explanation for the intent That would build up a wipe dia type board for the rules and that way the ones who wish to understand the rules and follow them would have all the needed data to make informed decisions.

Tia

It would be easier to read the rules if folks would go HERE for a start...then learn how to utilize the "search" function.

...anything else (i.e. not addressed specifically in the rules) usually has too many variables to apply any standard reply...other than those covered in the RO3...which is a hopeless endeavor for some folks.

Who are you volunteering to monitor/moderate and/or answer the questions on this proposed forum?

How about we have no more abbreviations or acronyms in ANy topic posts or replies on ANY of the Wire Forums? Please. I don't know half of them and the rest are a distraction, as we attempt to pick our way through them to quickly read the topics

SASS is the way it is. I agree that the rules could be more clear and we should be able to quickly find our way through three iterations of rules and accepted behavior. But it simply isn't that way. It would take a while for a team to go through them to sort them out, but virtually every position like that in SASS is voluntary, so I'm not sure how soon that's going to happen, if ever.

I feel the last thing we need is another committee.

How about we have no more abbreviations or acronyms in ANy topic posts or replies on ANY of the Wire Forums?

Please. I don't know half of them and the rest are a distraction, as we attempt to pick our way through them to quickly read the topics

WTH does that have to do with the OP?

How about we have no more abbreviations or acronyms in ANy topic posts or replies on ANY of the Wire Forums?

Please. I don't know half of them and the rest are a distraction, as we attempt to pick our way through them to quickly read the topics

Maybe it has to do with the # op used in his ?. kR

Maybe it has to do with the # op used in his ?. kR

You mean like CAS, "WtC?", ROC, RO1 and RO2...or the TIA? (as used by the Original Poster)?

I use all of those except the "Thanks in advance"...

If I had to spell out Cowboy Action Shooting, "What's the Call Question", Range Operations Committee

or

Range Operations Basic Safety Course (Level 1) and Range Officer Training Course (Level II) every time they were ref'd (referenced), I wouldn't bother to post ANYthing.

Anyone who spends any time around here ought to KNOW what those mean...if not, ASK.

In your reference to Dead Equine (dead horse) topics..

Many new shooters read the wire without responding to any..

It's a learning process for the new shooters and a refresher to the older type shooters.. me.. :)

Doesn't bother me.. :mellow: I've learned a lot just reading threads...

I have found that the search window is a very GOOD tool on this site.. :)

I use it quite a bit...

I'm thinkin' it's under used but I reckon that's gonna happen..

That doesn't bother me..

I've also bookmarked "Palewolf's pages" that explains a lot of different calls in depth for different situations...

Another place for rules gathering??

"We don't need another stinkin' rule book.." :D:lol:

Such as RO3 page 26.. :) too many pages already ;) and the print is too small...

Rance ;)

Thinkin' it's early....

We'll see where this thread goes huh? :wacko:

PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L, on 29 Sept 2014 - 12:03 AM, said:

It would be easier to read the rules if folks would go HERE for a start...then learn how to utilize the "search" function.

...anything else (i.e. not addressed specifically in the rules) usually has too many variables to apply any standard reply...other than those covered in the RO3...which is a hopeless endeavor for some folks.

Who are you volunteering to monitor/moderate and/or answer the questions on this proposed forum?

+1

PWB....please repost the link where you have provided some of the detail for subjects like "shooter's choice" and a few other items that come up regularly. I've seen it posted before but I did not bookmark it....I need to do that.

TIA ;)

You mean the "super-secret access-restricted" (but open to the public) website where I archive the "Significant Changes" docs from the TG Summits, meeting minutes and Chronicle articles on rule clarifications?

That would be right HERE.

;)

I was thinking that if it was not mixed in with everything else it would also be easier to find. I guess because the b

WBAS site was setup after the CAS site that it was constructed based on lessons learned here and one was a single place for rule questions so you didn't have to look through the chaff to find them the extra formatting was idea so that the sticky if used , imo would cut down on opinions and viewpoints contrary to the actual rule intentions. So be it was only a suggestion.

You mean the "super-secret access-restricted" (but open to the public) website where I archive the "Significant Changes" docs from the TG Summits, meeting minutes and Chronicle articles on rule clarifications?

That would be right HERE.

;)

Yep...that's the one....thanks PWB. Being a professional cat-herder is pretty much a lost art....just glad we have you here to hep us :D :D

I am going to work the left flank for PWB with regards to herding cats, after all I have a real border collie to help me

It is of my opinion that in order for shooters to help the world of SASS ,,, for the good of the whole

They should read all of the printed pages of the rules, ro materials, and convents each years, simply as a reminder or brain game to maintain ones mental health

I did not say memorize, I simple stated read

Clubs should also have that printed information on hand at their shoots, even small monthly shoots

When any one has a question, and you are not 100% sure! then simply invite them to look it up and report back with their findings

which will benefit all at the shoot that day, instead of answers off the cuff that may be incorrect

A great deal, if you took the time to properly read and apply it.

Never suggested a need for a new committee we already have the roc. The only two suggestions I made was have a board just for rule questions much like the WBAS website has and second to develope a method for formatting a sticky with the pert isn't information from the topic so if some one was looking for a ruling that had been asked previously the sticky would contain then in order based on book, page and rule number showing the rule in question, the intent of the rule and the pert ant info from the post iirc . I don't see where extra man power would be needed. PWB already does this 90% of the time when he responds to the topic. The addition work initially would be to add new questions to the sticky one the topic has settled down, delegate the non important post and format it. Once per rule unless something new is brought up next time for that rule. Eventually we will have a Wikipedia type document for the rule books so that questions are rarely asked since the stick would have the rule, intent, examples and discussion in it so once a year when new rules are added or existing ones modified it would need to be updated but other than that the unknowing poster could be pointed to the right rule(s) and that would be it unless a new point of view was posted that had merit to add to the sticky.

But first get a rules board would be nice the stickers are so that faw don't fall off the board totals. But one is better than none either one.

Archived