SASS Wire Forum

This is NOT an Endorsement, But a Respectful Acknowledgement

DocWard

I can't help but think that he's doing this for political reasons. That's how much I don't trust ANY politicians!

IT'S ALL ABOUT POLITICS!

Isn't it a sad statement that a man's efforts cannot be taken at face value?

Is he actually trying to help? Probably yes.

Is it helping his campaign? Yes.

You do the math and form your own conclusions.

So the guy hasn't picked up a scalpel in how long while in Washington? But then he goes "home" and does a "free" eye surgery? I hope the patient got more than they paid for the surgery.

If you'll notice, he did the surgery with another doctor, pro bono. While I agree a surgeon's skills are perishable, my understanding is he tries to practice as much as possible. I'm also confident that he maintains professional liability insurance, and the other doctor does as well.

I was going to say a lot more, but then thought better of it. Trying to stay non-political.

Not all of our Congress critters are just kicking back and relaxing.

None of them are kicking back and relaxing. They're campaigning.

Fair point.

Doc,

I took down my posts because they got political. If somebody got eye surgery performed who otherwise couldn't afford it, I'll accept it as a good thing and not argue ulterior motives.

I wish folks could just do good things for others without the hoopla and publicity. Robin Williams went down range a bunch of times with the USO and performed for thousands of troops. Nobody heard a word about it until his death. Class act all the way.

I can't help but think that he's doing this for political reasons. That's how much I don't trust ANY politicians!

IT'S ALL ABOUT POLITICS!

Maybe, but a quick Google search shows articles about him doing the same last year and the year before. Apparently he has been doing it since he got elected.

Doc,

I took down my posts because they got political. If somebody got eye surgery performed who otherwise couldn't afford it, I'll accept it as a good thing and not argue ulterior motives.

I wish folks could just do good things for others without the hoopla and publicity. Robin Williams went down range a bunch of times with the USO and performed for thousands of troops. Nobody heard a word about it until his death. Class act all the way.

I try to take things at face value until given reason otherwise. In this day and age it is too easy to be cynical. The fact that it is seemingly a regular thing for him to do seems a good thing. It also indicated he will be going to Guatemala as part of a medical charity as well, so I will try to give the benefit of the doubt. It could be Sen. Paul who suggested the press, or it could have been an aide/consultant and he agreed, but at the end of the day, he was doing something good.

You are absolutely right. I know of a number of actors, musicians and comedians who've worked for the USO, many without fanfare, and Mr. Williams definitely did his share. Some are even what many would consider very liberal and "anti-war," but they have gone into combat zones for the troops. The USO is my go-to charity, probably followed by the Fisher House.

I'm anti-war.

If, by "anti-war" you mean preferring to find options other than war, and hoping that it is always the final option, then I believe that most in the military with wisdom are, and those who have served and seen combat especially are. But I think we both know I meant a different kind of "anti-war."

Sorry, Bob. I just realized that sounded a little terse. It wasn't intended that way. Well, maybe I'm a bit on the grumpy side today. I have a headache, and my shoulder is acting up in a way it hasn't for a long time, for no good reason, and I was hoping to go do some shooting at a local range, finally.

No offense taken Doc. I was jest pokin at ya. Hope you feel better. :)

Archived