SASS Wire Forum

Ocoee Rangers "LEAD MINE VALLEYSHOOT-OUT"

Purly SASS # 57438

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan to bring a gun cart and probably a couple shotguns.

I know of a feller who is planning to bring a couple Marlin's in .45 Colt, plus some other good stuff.

I also plan to bring down the fire on one old senior who puts 'pearly' grips on his pistols and shoots a 'screamin' rifle....... :)

p.s. - better bring a big fire extinguisher Purly.

..........Widder

Come a little early for the cowboy yard sale. You might find just what you have been looking for.

I hadn't heard details - the yard sale will be before we shoot? Sounds like a good plan. Most people would want to come earlier than normal.

Cherokee Slim

Slim, I think the yard salers are going to set up in the morning. I have some things I'm bringing. If you get there early you can set up.across fron shooting bays.

Widder, I will be giving shooting lessons Saturday.

Slim, I think the yard salers are going to set up in the morning. I have some things I'm bringing. If you get there early you can set up.across fron shooting bays.

Widder, I will be giving shooting lessons Saturday.

Yea, and I will probably be giving lessons in Humility..... :)

Star Trek had a series titled "The Wrath of Khan".

You could subtitle the Rangers match..... "The Wrath of Purly".

:)

..........Widder

I bet Widder will bring shotgun no.1 or no.4. Widdermatic no 1. Those slicked up Lassiter pistols.

No telling what Barkeep is planning for us.

I'll just bring what I can scrape together.

Purly,

I think I'm gona go with 97 #4 and Widdermatic #2.

I been testing something alittle new on the #2 Marlin for about a month now. The test were good but overall, I didn't like the results. So, its been remodified to be more like Marlin #1, which had a slightly different mod that has been perfect all summer, including GOA and NC State.

I will be shooting #2 on Saturday because it needs to be battle tested.

You better not snooze or blink.............

Ifn ya Snooze....... ya Loooze ! :lol::lol: :lol:

I know what you will be bringing.............one of those Screamin 73's.

..........Widder

Purly and Widder, I am preparing two nice rafts for Saturday! I will be shooting Rifle #1 and the old double behind the bar, because there ain't no #2's in my stable. :ph34r:

Widder and Purly,

The YOUNG Barkeep has got to understand if he keeps pouring himself two for everyone he serves that his mind will start to wander.

I know that he is a GREAT COMPETITOR but he has got to learn that

OLD AGE and TREACHERY WILL BE ABLE TO BEAT YOUTHFUL EXUBERANCE MORE TIMES THAN NOT.

As Mr. T use to say " I PITY THE FOOL!"

Barkeep, please bring your life jacket and water wings on Saturday. I think you might need both of them to survive the ride.

I'm gettin purty good at stirring in my old age.

Judge,

It is liking counting cards. I have done statistical research on Purly and Widder's shooting history by studying their last 7 years shooting and scores. I realize that when either of them is on their game they can beat me. But once every Three shoots Widder will have Shotgun shells flying everywhere and empty his belt. Purly once every 4 shoots will get his rifle going so fast that he levers it before pulling the trigger is pulled and he will have unfired rounds flying everywhere. You can't argue with Statistic's it is just my week. :blink:

Howdy Ironmaiden and Whiskey Creek.

the only advice I can share is................. SOMEBODY is gona be given a Missouri Boat Ride. And right now, it looks like The Purly Man is the Sender and Me and Barkeep are the Sendeeeees. That's why we might need a life jacket and paddles..... :lol:

But whether The Purly Man overruns his "Screaming Rifle" or not, I got an idea that he just ain't gona be able to stay in the game on Saturday.

I just hope The Purly Man don't get toooooo sea sick before the match is over..... :lol::lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

..........Widder

Now we are talking!!!!

Iron Maiden and Whiskey are coming. Make it perfect and grab Triple B and the kids.

Now, there is one more to send send Barkeep on his boat ride. Iron Maiden will show him to the raft!

Wouldn't mind a Missouri boat ride. How can you go wrong when you get to shoot with some of the best folks in sass! Or anywhere else! Can,t wait!

Well now, I see The Purly Man is up awful early.

Probably gona get started on his 2000 round dry fire practice in the 97, along with a 30 minute workout with Screamin rifle and pistol transition training.

Don't forget to exercise them eyeballs cause what you are gona see tomorrow will be over in a blink.

Surely you don't believe that the Barkeeper was really 'working' last weekend do you? He was in training.

And RED has been awful quite this week on the Rangers Wire. He's got a plan and thats scary, especially if you're hopin to maintain a top 5 position in this match.

And my good buddy Too Tall just might pull out all the stops and come after everybody.

and ya know the powerhouses of Unpleasant and Hurricane Charley are ready. Those pards stay ready.

See ya tomorrow Purly!

..........Widder

Purly,

I dreamed last night that you were gona change your alias to 'Terminator'.

I sure home that isn't a bad omen for me and Barkeep.

:(

..........Widder

I heard his new Alias was "Thunderstruck" or "Hells Bells" since he warms up with AC/DC.

It was indeed everything its 'billing' said it would be.

Unpleasant did a fanaticalistic job of have 5 stages suitable for the run and gunners as well as those who love to aim before they pull the trigger.

The Barkeeper man needs to explain his 'paddle award' and WHO got to take the Missouri Boat Ride...

Ya dun good, Barkeep!

..........Widder

Thank you everyone for making our first annual match a success. We had 106 shooters. There was something for everyone in this match. Thanks for all the work and the contributors . Hope to see you next year. Just glad I didn't end up with the paddle.

It was indeed everything its 'billing' said it would be.

Unpleasant did a fanaticalistic job of have 5 stages suitable for the run and gunners as well as those who love to aim before they pull the trigger.

The Barkeeper man needs to explain his 'paddle award' and WHO got to take the Missouri Boat Ride...

Ya dun good, Barkeep!

..........Widder

Widder will the Tennessee State be the next opportunity for Ocoee Red to redeem himself or does he have to wait until next year?

Randy

Randy,

I don't know the answer to that. It might be a MONTHY thing at the Rangers playground.

Might want to see what the others have to say.

See ya in 3 weeks.

..........Widder

Archived