SASS Wire Forum

Ocoee Rangers "LEAD MINE VALLEYSHOOT-OUT"

Purly SASS # 57438

And.....we'll have a big cowboy yard sale!

Harley.

Shoot a match, eat dinner at the range and a cowboy yard sale all in one day! What a day that will be! I've already paid for my ticket.

Cherokee Slim

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purly,

actually, sometimes I feel like a BIG match is a good warmup match for Cleveland.

The Ocoee Rangers don't draw 5 good posse's every month by accident. Pards from East and Middle TN drive upwards to 2+ hours to attend. Pards from Alabama and Georgia drive up nearly every month to attend on the 4th Saturday.

The Ocoee Rangers put on monthly matches that rival anybody with good size, hitable targets, great stage scenerios, and some of the funnest pards anywhere.

PLUS, there is even the occasional 'Trash Talk' that pops up on the Wire on who is gona whoooop who..... :ph34r:

And the number of OUTLAWS and GUNFIGHTERS that participate every month tell ya that ALL the stages are set up good and fair for every category.

It really don't get much better. The inagurall annual match with added prizes and lunch is just icing on the cake.

..........Widder

Trash talk???

Trash talk???

Oh yea. Gobs and Gobs of it.

there's some 2-bit GF trying to make a name for hisowndangself by trying to whoop up on a couple fast and notorious traditional style shooters.

They (the fast and notorious trad style shooters) say thats a bunch of Doodlysquat.

I heard thru the grapevine that the 2-bit GF just might send them (the fast and notorious trad shooters) on a Missouri Boat Ride this Saturday.

..........Widder

Widder , Saturday is going to be a day you won't forget easily. You and Barkeep bring your "A" game. T-Bone will have us some fine stages to shoot. Myself, I'm bringing my " Man in Black" guns, my rifle thats humming, amd the quickest 97' in the stable.

Captain Dave has the boat ride ticket printed which will be awarded at the Annual Match.

Purly Man,

sounds like you've already eat a bowl of Cheerios or Fruit Loops for breakfast.

The 'quickest 97' in the stable' ain't gona do you any good. If you're reling on a SG, you better bring a Remington 1100..... :)

..........Widder

Widder,

With the Purly Man it's the pistols and the rifle that YOU have to watch for.

He just don't make many mistakes with them.

I saw how you were even offering to let him try your short barreled Ruger's. Everybody thinks you were just being nice but I wonder if you had underlying motives. As you are getting older I know that treachery starts to come into play.

Just kidding I know you would never stoop to such tactics.

Widder,

With the Purly Man it's the pistols and the rifle that YOU have to watch for.

He just don't make many mistakes with them.

I saw how you were even offering to let him try your short barreled Ruger's. Everybody thinks you were just being nice but I wonder if you had underlying motives. As you are getting older I know that treachery starts to come into play.

Just kidding I know you would never stoop to such tactics.

Judge,

you is correct about the pistols and rifle for Purly.

PLUS, he's starting to become a good 'Widdergunner' with that '97. (Widdergunnin is a phrase that Hurricane Charlie came up with last year when he and Purly ask me to show them some 97 techniques).

Knowing that he and your good pal, The Barkeeper, is gona be there tomorrow will surely have me chompin at the bits.

Hope you are doing well. Take care of yeowndangself during this heat spell we're havin.

..........Widder

I heard thru the grapevine that the 2-bit GF just might send them (the fast and notorious trad shooters) on a Missouri Boat Ride this Saturday.

..........Widder

Widder you are all right! Wanting to send me on an all expense paid cruise and everything. In case it comes down to shotgun, I am going to grab my trusty double from behind the bar.

Purly & Barkeep,

Well, I must say that we all have managed to pull out good matches during the past month. Thats what keeps the competition and smiles always at their best.

I'm glad you both enjoyed the Boat Ride..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Did I say Dodge City Dixie will give some lucky shooter

a custom arm band with their name and SASS number.

ahhhhh, these are REALLY nice and very personable.

I have mine in bright red. Beautifully done by a Beautiful Lady.

..........Widder

Don't forget that there will be our regular long range side matches going on before the main match starting at 8am. Some of our best

shooters will gladly take on all newcomers. Check out the rules on the Ocoee Rangers web site and come join us for some challenging fun.

…Too Tall...

This is going to be one of the best annual events in the South.

We just recieved a free entry to be given away to

HELL FIRE 2015. If you aren't useing his hammer springs in your Vaquero you don't know what your missing.

www.slickmagicguns.com

Thank you Slick

Door prizes are still rolling in. We now have a free entry to North Carolina 2015 state match.

The NC State match is one of the best matches I've attended. I been there 3 times during the past 4 years and hope to go again in 2015. I usually get to posse up with my good pal Wed Wiver Way.

JMBrown and the crew over there put on a classic match with targets big and close and VARIETY. Their SG targets are the most competitive and fun that I've ever engaged. They are calibrated VERY GOOD and fall when you hit em. And the folks are just fantastic.

PLUS, the best fried baloney sandwiches on this Planet.

This is a great prize.

Thanks JM Brown and the NC State committee.

..........Widder

I picked up a stainless spring snd follower for Marlin 1894 small caliber and a stainless spring and follower for a 1873 Ubertie for door prizes. They come from. . slickmagicguns.com

If you want a warm up match for Ambush this is it.

If you want a warm up match for Tennessee this is it.

If you want a BIG AND CLOSE match this is it.

If ypu just want to shoot and socialize this is it.

Gonna be a gooden.

If you want a warm up match for Ambush this is it.

If you want a warm up match for Tennessee this is it.

If you want a BIG AND CLOSE match this is it.

If ypu just want to shoot and socialize this is it.

Gonna be a gooden.

and ifn you just want to try and whoop up on PURLY (one of the best shooters around)..... THIS IS IT!

:) :) :)

..........Widder

• 2 weeks later...

We have a free entry to Alabama State match 2015 as a door prize. We have every surrounding state match covered.

Only a week and a half away and the challenges are flying.

Only a week to go. You still have time to get in.. We are giving away free entries to 2015

Georgia State

Tennessee State

North Carolina State

Kentucky State

Alabama State

Slick McClades Hell Fire

Copperhead Joe's Black Gold

And if that don't interest you we are giving away a fishing charter with Captain Dave.

Only a week to go. You still have time to get in.. We are giving away free entries to 2015

Georgia State

Tennessee State

North Carolina State

Kentucky State

Alabama State

Slick McClades Hell Fire

Copperhead Joe's Black Gold

And if that don't interest you we are giving away a fishing charter with Captain Dave.

And ifn ya really don't care about that stuff, ye owe it to yeowndangself to come shoot and HELP ME put a whoopin on The Purly Man!

I been holdin back alittle when he's around so that he don't see ALL my secrets.

He's been threatening to send me on a Missouri Boat Ride at this Innagural Annual Match but I say The Purly Man will be singing 'Waterloo' next Saturday.

...........Widder

Widder I'm almost speechless, but if you can get Barkeep to show up Saturday I've got one little trick left to show you. If I had to work I would take off next week just to get ready.

OR, you might have went easy on me and Barkeep didn't show up just because it was my birthday

Archived