Utah Bob #35998

like:

He was rude

Threatening

Arrogant

Badge heavy

Stopped me just because I have a Go Clemson bumper sticker

Had a smirk/scowl/smart aleck grin

But every once in a great while, you might get this...

http://news.msn.com/offbeat/grandma-thanks-idaho-trooper-for-traffic-stop

Can't say I've ever thanked a policeman for giving me a ticket but I sure don't try to make their day any worse than it already is. Be polite, tell them the truth and tell them to have a nice day (and mean it). He/she caught you fair and square, pay the ticket, lick your wounds and move on.

Guitar Slinger

Honestly I can say I've been thanked hundreds of times by people which always surprises me, but then again I have a way of selling a ticket by reminding someone of all the other violations I'm not ticketing them for haha. I do treat everyone the way I would want an officer to treat my mother though...my first chief told me that's what he expected when hired me and I've never forgotten it

Honestly I can say I've been thanked hundreds of times by people which always surprises me, but then again I have a way of selling a ticket by reminding someone of all the other violations I'm not ticketing them for haha. I do treat everyone the way I would want an officer to treat my mother though...my first chief told me that's what he expected when hired me and I've never forgotten it

You the man- thanks for your service to your community :)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I forgot one.

"He treated me like a common criminal"

I was never sure what a common one was.

Archived