SASS Wire Forum

North Korean Military slide show

oh man - this made me LOL! big time...the 'neon green' uniforms...too dang rootin' tootin' funny!!

http://www.rantlifestyle.com/2014/01/16/reasons-north-korea-saddest-military-world/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=Outbrain&utm_term=Title5

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Look at this guy's ribbons. It looks as though he only has about four, all the rest are duplicates. In particular, the top row and sixth & seventh rows.

http://www.rantlifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/North-Korean-Army-111.png

I have often have wondered how much of their equipment is cobbled-together junk or mock-ups because the dur leader comes up with some brilliant new idea and everyone is afraid to tell him it is ridiculous or not technically feasible.

Alas, Keystone Kops for sure. But, and there is always that dangerous but, Big Brother China is right behind them. Without China I doubt that we would see so much bravado. I am certain that they are

as capable of treachery today as they were in 1950. Does anyone remember Pusan?

Besides, it is apparent that the button pushers in DC are afraid of China and what they might do.

Alas, Keystone Kops for sure. But, and there is always that dangerous but, Big Brother China is right behind them. Without China I doubt that we would see so much bravado. I am certain that they are

as capable of treachery today as they were in 1950. Does anyone remember Pusan?

Besides, it is apparent that the button pushers in DC are afraid of China and what they might do.

China is kinda frowning on the North Korean regime these days...so...who knows ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

They may look look goofy but they are fanatical and tough troops. Ask the S. Koreans. Their beloved leader is crazy as a sh** house rat but they would take a bullet for him. Their human wave attack philosophy obviously is outmoded

but....They still have guns that shoot real bullets and swhort to medium range missiles that apparently work, and maybe a nuke or two.

But the biggest worry is Kim Jung Loon's support of global terrorism. I think they will eventually collapse in chaos.

I just hope they don't do something Really bad first.

Never underestimate your enemy. Remember, before WWII, many Air Corps types were convinced the Japanese could not be decent pilots because of their slanty eyes.

I don't get those neon camo suits though. :huh:

30f5b7.jpg

They may look look goofy but they are fanatical and tough troops. Ask the S. Koreans. Their beloved leader is crazy as a sh** house rat but they would take a bullet for him. Their human wave attack philosophy obviously is outmoded

but....They still have guns that shoot real bullets and swhort to medium range missiles that apparently work, and maybe a nuke or two.

But the biggest worry is Kim Jung Loon's support of global terrorism. I think they will eventually collapse in chaos.

I just hope they don't do something Really bad first.

Never underestimate your enemy. Remember, before WWII, many Air Corps types were convinced the Japanese could not be decent pilots because of their slanty eyes.

I don't get those neon camo suits though. :huh:

30f5b7.jpg

No underestimating here. Just poking a little fun at the enemy. Reckon they do the same over there ;)

GG

No underestimating here. Just poking a little fun at the enemy. Reckon they do the same over there ;)

GG

I doubt they have any concept of poking fun.

Unless it involves bayonets. ;)

They may look look goofy but they are fanatical and tough troops. Ask the S. Koreans. Their beloved leader is crazy as a sh** house rat but they would take a bullet for him.

That's because they fear for their lives and their families' lives if they're caught slacking.

That's because they fear for their lives and their families' lives if they're caught slacking.

And being in the military is the only way to get a square meal.

Yes. 1976. Two US officers were killed.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b3a_1364016646&safe_mode=off

All I know is they needed the Chinese to intervene otherwise they would've lost the whole peninsula....

GG

They were no match for the US/ROK counter attack. In a stand up conventional fight nowadays I would give the edge to the S Koreans. But with nearly 13,000,000 Troops at their disposal the North is a serious threat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/25/how-strong-is-north-koreas-military-capabilities_n_3153691.html

Look at this guy's ribbons. It looks as though he only has about four, all the rest are duplicates. In particular, the top row and sixth & seventh rows.

http://www.rantlifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/North-Korean-Army-111.png

I have often have wondered how much of their equipment is cobbled-together junk or mock-ups because the dur leader comes up with some brilliant new idea and everyone is afraid to tell him it is ridiculous or not technically feasible.

And, of course:

Theirawardsgojinglejanglejingle_zps7bc58

They were no match for the US/ROK counter attack. In a stand up conventional fight nowadays I would give the edge to the S Koreans. But with nearly 13,000,000 Troops at their disposal the North is a serious threat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/25/how-strong-is-north-koreas-military-capabilities_n_3153691.html

As you pointed out above, tough, mean, nasty fighters. They might not win a war, but the sure as taxes would put a world of hurt on their opponents.

Still doesn't change history of that 'forgotten war'...the North Koreans only were able to deal with stopping ultimate defeat by allowing a countering Chinese force.

GG

When I was stationed in S Korea way back in 1972, we all understood we were there to keep the S Koreans for charging across the DMZ to destroy N Korea. I doubt much has changed. The S Koreans would love to take on N Korea.

Still doesn't change history of that 'forgotten war'...the North Koreans only were able to deal with stopping ultimate defeat by allowing a countering Chinese force.

GG

Wasn't attempting to change the history of that conflict. I know it very well.

Here's the deal.

PRNK is more capable now of unleashing a rapid and very damaging attack. This attack would need to be swiftand employ whatever nuclear capabilities they have. Losses would be devastating. They do not have the resources necessary to mount an extended campaign. They need to capture Seoul and force a surrender. In 1950, they did not count on the UN response and had to call on the Chinese. China would most probably sit this one out. Too much US cash involved. Noth Korea would ultimately be defeated. But at a terrible cost.

PRNK is more capable now of unleashing a rapid and very damaging attack. This attack would need to be swiftand employ whatever nuclear capabilities they have. Losses would be devastating. They do not have the resources necessary to mount an extended campaign. They need to capture Seoul and force a surrender. In 1950, they did not count on the UN response and had to call on the Chinese. China would most probably sit this one out. Too much US cash involved. Noth Korea would ultimately be defeated. But at a terrible cost.

I agree with that assessment. I believe that S Korea thinks the same and would prefer to be the first to strike.

I think the best thing to do is isolate North Korea and let them starve to death. Those North Koreans fought very hard for that type of government and continue to support it along with their "work" camps . I say let them enjoy it and we'll just keep a watchful eye on their starving country. Sooner or later, their own people will settle the score with Kim Jun Crazy.

When I was stationed in S Korea way back in 1972, we all understood we were there to keep the S Koreans for charging across the DMZ to destroy N Korea. I doubt much has changed. The S Koreans would love to take on N Korea.

Yup.... Regardless of how strong some believe NK to be the SK forces would wipe them out.

GG

Archived