SASS Wire Forum

Body Armor and the media

The press insists on calling it bullet proof vests of course. They always have. Last night 2 cops were shot in Denver. Both wounded but survived. One was hit in his vest so Channel 9 had to do a story about it. They had a local guy at a public range shoot a vest with a 9mm at 4 pm. Then on the 5 pm broadcast they had him shoot it with a 45 mm.

That's right a 45 mm.

There were several more things wrong with the report but I won't even bother.

He dis say breathlessly that the officer was shot by a rifle so it must have even been bigger. Hard to imagine a rifle bigger than 45mm. Other than one o' them naval rifles.

Oy!

45mm. Let's see, that's a little better than an inch and three quarters. Yep, gonna leave a mark.

actually it were in Lakewood, not Denver....I know, I know...not much difference but it happened not that far from us..... :blink:

Sorry, I meant to type "near Denver". My bad.

IF , I remenber correctley , them are 40 mm ,

luckly , I ain't been on the WRONG side of em , being fired twards me :o

CB :ph34r:

Maybe it's a 45-мм противотанковая пушка образца 1942 года (М-42)

j_R3FKinbbY.jpg

:unsure:

I don't think there are any vest , rated to stop that :o

CB

You just need to put on an Abrams.

no big deal UB.....but ifn' ya ask me yu cud find lots of better things ta do than watch Channel 9...... :unsure:

I need to keep up with the newest marijuana candy trends. ;)

Hit with a 45mm or larger don't think it matter mind if a vest on or not, probably would not survive, even if it did not penetrate. Oh, by the way was marijuana involved?

Hit with a 45mm or larger don't think it matter mind if a vest on or not, probably would not survive, even if it did not penetrate. Oh, by the way was marijuana involved?

Don't know. Shooter was deptressed, according to his wife, and had talked about a Suicide by Cop earlier that evening. He called 911 himself and said there was a man with a gun threatening to shoot everybody. Dispatcher asked if he knew who it was.

"Me", he said.

Unfortunately he was only wounded.

I think the bad guy used one of them 45 milimeter AK47 magnum Glocks which are made of porcelain and have a high capicity full auto clip. Jessee James carried one whenever he rode into town fur supplies.

You can buy them on the Internet without a background check.

And they'll go right through metal detectors.

:rolleyes:

Sounds like it might have been - on the part of the reporter, maybe!

Archived