SASS Wire Forum

Rule "change" - Open & Empty

Misty Moonshine

Hey Grizz, I missed the one about closing on the prop. So it looks like we are back to what it was before the convention other than now we have definitions on what is open and closed actions.

Yep. I thought the old, new rule was great, but the new, new rule not so much. And this version just returns it to pre-old, new. Seems to me they could have just said they were reverting back to before the vote, in the first place, and avoided all of this confusion.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. I thought the old, new rule was great, but the new, new rule not so much. And this version just returns it to pre-old, new. Seems to me they could have just said they were reverting back to before the vote, in the first place, and avoided all of this confusion.

So why was there a VOTE in the first place if they just going to do what ever they wanted anyways ?😝

Actually, having just read the synopsis post, I find it to be was than before the vote. Now, you can get 2 MSV's, one for action not open and another for an empty case, where before that was only one MSV.

Not that my opinion matters, but I think it stinks.

Actually, having just read the synopsis post, I find it to be was than before the vote. Now, you can get 2 MSV's, one for action not open and another for an empty case, where before that was only one MSV.

Not that my opinion matters, but I think it stinks.

Even under the old rules(pre-convention/vote) you could get 2 MSVs. You could get one for the action closed even if the gun was empty and you could get one for a round left in the gun in which it was loaded even if it was open or you could get both if the action was closed and contained a round. So we are right back to where we started from last year. I just don't understand why the WIld Bunch even allowed it on the ballot to be voted on if they were not going to honor the vote.

Even under the old rules(pre-convention/vote) you could get 2 MSVs. You could get one for the action closed even if the gun was empty and you could get one for a round left in the gun in which it was loaded even if it was open or you could get both if the action was closed and contained a round. So we are right back to where we started from last year. I just don't understand why the WIld Bunch even allowed it on the ballot to be voted on if they were not going to honor the vote.

DING DING DING

We have a winner!

Laz

The only way to avoid this "accidental closing" is to unse factory condition weapons, they have "hard" enough mechanisms not to be closed by any accidental action when discarded!

It'll be the end of the prepared guns, may be it's the meaning of this new new new rule.... to return to the CAS Fundamentals used décades ago When SASS was a few hundred or thausand of shooters with no gammeers! :(;):D

Hoops, double tap!

Hey............We shot today using the new, old rule. Had one guy who's rifle closed on him when he decarded it.

We couldn't figure out the call so we shot him...........Funeral is on Wednesday.

Seems we talked about this rule change for half a day, passed the new rule against all odds, only to have it reversed by the WB, Not sure why we spent so much time in the TG meetings. O'well, these things happen it seems, just look at Washington these days.

I even took advantage of the old, new rule once when I saw my 66 close upon re-staging and did not go back to open it, just showed it empty at the end of the stage. Empty..no call, Worked really well for a few months.

Florida has a great match the first weekend in January, (Same weekend as convention) I believe that is where I will be next year.

Archived