SASS Wire Forum

Thunder in Paradise/Awards

Flush Draw

Folks iffins ya aint signed up yet maybe this will get yer motivations goin. We are still takin apps. Even the morning of the shoot.

We are awarding buckles, yes that's right BUCKLES to not just 1st place winners BUT also to runners up!!

IMG_20140511_113158_092-1_zpsbaf57e59.jp

IMG_20140511_114225_326_zps87ad34dc.jpg

Also we are giving away a Litl Pony Award. A small cannon built by me.

IMG_20140403_171305_980_zps8256295f.jpg

Also forget the gourd!! We have a new traveling trophy for Pale Rider Gunfighter!!

Its in the works right now. The Traveling Bullet!! Also made by me. Savage Irons is laser engraving the IBPG in it now. It'll be painted up and ready to go.

ResizedImage951399506793486_zpsbd2bc544.

Get signed up and hope to see ya there!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Traveling Gourd was all about Pale Rider Gunfighters and it is still out there (Ohio) but it hasn't been promoted like in the past. Correct me if I'm wrong Flush Draw but I think this new trophy is one that will stay at the PPR club with the IBPG winner's name added each year.

Spittoon

Buckles are nice.I think forgetting about the gourd that was started by Manatee who was a HUGE factor in there being a IBPG in the first place in leu of a new trophy just cause you made it sounds extremely self serving to me

I like Manatee and had no intentions a crushin anybodies feelins there pard. None!!

The gourd is missin and just wanted to do something nice. Sorry your feeln like Im kickin up dust to make myself feel good. That never crossed my mind.

The Traveling Gourd was all about Pale Rider Gunfighters and it is still out there (Ohio) but it hasn't been promoted like in the past. Correct me if I'm wrong Flush Draw but I think this new trophy is one that will stay at the PPR club with the IBPG winner's name added each year.

Spittoon

That's the intention Spitton, thanks

Spittoon

That's the thought right there Spittoon

Buckles are nice.I think forgetting about the gourd that was started by Manatee who was a HUGE factor in there being a IBPG in the first place in leu of a new trophy just cause you made it sounds extremely self serving to me

Whoa, hold tha phone!!!!!

The Gourd wasn't a IBPG deal, and it is up to the present holder as to when and where it wud be put up for grabs. It was usually kept for a year before being put up again. I held it 2 yrs or so ago, it then went to Doc Eells and then Stonecreek Drifter. It was last won in Oct at the OH BP champeenship. SO, unless the holder wanted to he doesn't have to put it up for grabs til then or earlier if he wud so desire.

To call Flush Draw self serving for doing this is out of line and deserving of an apology!

To have it as a club deal is totally new and in my opinion pretty neat, specially if my name goes on it...!!

CCR, man up and offer an apology...

I too, echo what Flush Draw is doing. Manatee turned the reigns over to me when he was getting too busy and I've done the event for the last four or five years. The gourd was started by Manatee and I believe it started before the IBPG. At any rate Manatee knows he can shoot anytime at the IBPG at no cost as we all appreciate him starting and promoting the bp shoot.

Manatee was awarded the recognition in "Jedi" status as a pale rider for all of his work promoting the style of shooting and hence the gourd that he started to that end.

When Flush Draw offered up the large Wooden Bullet, I quickly approved as I, like Cheyenne, thought it was a good idea.

KK

I'm gonna chalk this up to you not knowin Flush Draw personally. He's one of the most selfless an giving fellers I've ever met. Always tryin to come up with new and great ideas to promote our club and the sport of CAS as a whole. He's a pard to ride the river with fer sure.

I usually do not respond on topics like this, but Flush Draw is the last person in the world that would be self-serving. He has welcomed all new shooters, including me, and has not hesitated to help or give advice, even at personal sacrifice.

One of the best pards I have ever met, and I do not say that lightly!

Wow. I don't know if I can say what needs said here on the wire. But I will say: Thank you Flush Draw for once again doing something great. And thank you for everything you do for the club and more so for my family. Wish I could get my name on that there trophy someday. I WILL own one a them buckles! If you give them to 5th place................

Coy;

First, The gourd is missing and was only for the Pale Rider and was available from the winner to put up at any match....it just so happened to be at the IBPG the most. Second, the Thunder in Paradise is a combined shoot for bp and smokeless and the buckles have progressed from badges which we have used in the past for category winners. I've looked at the scores for the four years posted and I don't even see your name there.

....and you owe Flush Draw an apology which I hope you will do. We are doing everything we can to make this a nice shoot. Manatee did a great job starting this shoot. He trusted me to keep it going and I have for the past four or five years. If you have a complaint take it up with me and not just throwing stuff out on the wire.

The only thing Flush Draw is guilty of is showing up at the range all the time and working on stages, building props and cleaning, mowing and picking up debris from storms. Our club is blessed to have him and I take exception to your comments.

I appreciate your defending Manatee, but there is no need as he is in high standing at our club and I consider him a good friend and the last thing any of us would do is to disrespect Greg.

KK

Coy;

First, The gourd is missing and was only for the Pale Rider and was available from the winner to put up at any match....it just so happened to be at the IBPG the most. Second, the Thunder in Paradise is a combined shoot for bp and smokeless and the buckles have progressed from badges which we have used in the past for category winners. I've looked at the scores for the four years posted and I don't even see your name there.

....and you owe Flush Draw an apology which I hope you will do. We are doing everything we can to make this a nice shoot. Manatee did a great job starting this shoot. He trusted me to keep it going and I have for the past four or five years. If you have a complaint take it up with me and not just throwing stuff out on the wire.

The only thing Flush Draw is guilty of is showing up at the range all the time and working on stages, building props and cleaning, mowing and picking up debris from storms. Our club is blessed to have him and I take exception to your comments.

I appreciate your defending Manatee, but there is no need as he is in high standing at our club and I consider him a good friend and the last thing any of us would do is to disrespect Greg.

KK

Yes, COY we are still awaiting your apology to FD......

Whoa, hold tha phone!!!!!

The Gourd wasn't a IBPG deal, and it is up to the present holder as to when and where it wud be put up for grabs. It was usually kept for a year before being put up again. I held it 2 yrs or so ago, it then went to Doc Eells and then Stonecreek Drifter. It was last won in Oct at the OH BP champeenship. SO, unless the holder wanted to he doesn't have to put it up for grabs til then or earlier if he wud so desire.

To call Flush Draw self serving for doing this is out of line and deserving of an apology!

To have it as a club deal is totally new and in my opinion pretty neat, specially if my name goes on it...!!

CCR, man up and offer an apology...

I don't think the gourd was up for grabs at the OH BP champeeeenship last October.

Well first off I do apologize.When I read "Forget the gourd we got a new traveling trophy"I took it as a new "traveling trophy"since its called the ""traveling bullet" not here is a new pale rider trophy for paridise pass.I'm sorry for drawing the wrong conclusion and sincerly apologize.I just read what was written

Well first off I do apologize.When I read "Forget the gourd we got a new traveling trophy"I took it as a new "traveling trophy"since its called the ""traveling bullet" not here is a new pale rider trophy for paridise pass.I'm sorry for drawing the wrong conclusion and sincerly apologize.I just read what was written

No worries, thanks for coming back on. Since the gourd has not surfaced....FD made a trophy so there would be something up for bragging rights. Sorry, if we got too defensive.....

KK

self serving for WHAT? making a trophy for a club's use is self serving? humbug!! a backhanded apology is no apology,!

So this thread got my fire burnin' an ah scrounged and found enuff ammo ta make the program. PRGF will have at least 2 cowpokes lookin ' ta git the fust name at da top!

CR

Hey guys, it's all good....Rick and Cowboy Rick are shootin PRGF....that is cool, now how about a couple more????

KK

Not me! I can't git my mind wrapped around shooting two pistols like that! I do bad 'nuff with what I'm a doin now!

Aside of what has or hasn't been said, here is the official position of PARADISE PASS on the topics above, from the Mayor's office (read Owners)

1). This club would not be here without the selfless sacrifice of many, including FLUSH DRAW, SHORT TERM, KORUPT KARL, FURBALL, LITTLE SIS, DUSTY DEPUTY, MICHIGAN SLIM, WILLIE GETUM, AUNT B, MAC MASTERSON, OPPIE DAISY, RAY L GUN, KAYA, TY, SLIP KNOTS, AND SEVERAL OTHERS.

2). FLUSH DRAW IS ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS (WHICH I AM BLESSED WITH SEVERAL). ANY MAN, WOMAN, OR CHILD THAT HAS A BAD WORD TO SAY ABOUT HIM, MIGHT AS WELL SPIT ON MY BOOT AND GET READY TO FIGHT. He puts in tons of time here at the club, expecting NOTHING in return, he IS the cowboy way ! NOT a selfish bone in his body.

3). Manatee is a dear friend of mine, I miss seeing him, AND HAVE KNOWN HIM LONGER THEN MOST.

4). I approve EVERYTHING for EVERYTHING at this club, so if anyone is unhappy with ANYTHING, the buck stops with ME. Call me, come face to face with me, email me, but it is between ME and the person that is upset, PERIOD.

4). IF anyone has a criticism, please see # 4.

5). Thank you again to EVERYONE that shoots here and for the amazing crew of Regulators that we have. I so appropriate ALL of you, and all you do.

6). FLUSH DRAW the bullet is AWESOME !

I am just overwhelmed with appreciation!! I will harbor no hard feeling twards ya COY! Mebe I dint werd all that right in my original post. That bein said .... WOW just wow!! Thanks to all by brothers for speakin their mind and standin up frrr me. That's some heart felt stuff right ther. Now everbodie get signed up for this shoot, we aint got time frrr this babblin!!!

Lets have some fun!!!

self serving for WHAT? making a trophy for a club's use is self serving? humbug!! a backhanded apology is no apology,!

said i was sorry twice and a I meant it.All I was explaining was how I had read it.If you took that as backhanded guess we are both guilty of misenturpeting what someone meant

X2

Stonecreek Drifter has the Gourd, he won it at Smoke in the Woods last year and has said where it will be up for grabs but I haven't been able to get thru to him this evening, most likely because of the weather here.

Thanks Spoon !!

We hope you guys have a super shoot tooo.

Next year we will pick the right date so you and JD can make it !

WE ARE THINKING MAY 30, 31 2015, WEEKEND AFTER OHIO STATE, 5TH WEEKEND.

Thanks Spoon !!

We hope you guys have a super shoot tooo.

Next year we will pick the right date so you and JD can make it !

WE ARE THINKING MAY 30, 31 2015, WEEKEND AFTER OHIO STATE, 5TH WEEKEND.

LIKE!

I might be up Sunday to visit with ya all, and visit the vendors too...........

LIKE!

I might be up Sunday to visit with ya all, and visit the vendors too...........

Bring yer best Griswald! Hell - probably could work a shoot thru for a VIP like you :D

CR

I've shot with Coy in past years and he's a good guy; sometimes our lives get a bit complex and shooting has to take a back seat for awhile.

He's apologized twice and explained why he may have jumped to the wrong conclusion. I can certainly see how he may have misinterpreted "forget the gourd."

Apologizing when we screw up is the cowboy way, but so is accepting another person's apology when it's their screw-up.

Archived