SASS Wire Forum

A question about grips and are their aids to help you hold on?

Korupt Karl

I recently got some black smooth grips with the "Hand of God" cross on them and I find I can hold them much better and firmer than without. I've often wondered if anyone uses powders or sprays to increase their grip and control on the guns.

KK

the stuff pitchers use.... or a lil tar when it gets warmer :P

I'm thinkin' most of the Dooley Gang has some kinda' white stuff they put on their hands for just that purpose..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I ain't thinkin' good enough ta know what it's called... :wacko:

Well.. reckon I don't know :blush:

I haven't been shooting long but I use a rosin bag I had when I was bowling. It makes your hands a little tackier. You can get them at a sporting goods store. Baseball players use them too.

I'm thinkin' most of the Dooley Gang has some kinda' white stuff they put on their hands for just that purpose..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I ain't thinkin' good enough ta know what it's called... :wacko:

Well.. reckon I don't know :blush:

Pro Grip.

Good stuff. I use it all the time.

Have tried all the other stuff.

Use to bowl all the time. Tried that to.

Then tried Pro Grip.

Have stuck with it. :o:P

Pro Grip liquid, Mueller's MagicGrip spray, PrinceGrip Plus liquid, rosin bags, they all work for me. Even with checkered grips I like the extra grip I get with something that dries my hands and keeps the grip from rotating. If we shot factory loads and above all the time, maybe rotating would be good. But when the recoil is minimal, anything you can do to be ready fast for the next revolver shot is a winner. And, long guns are held a slight bit more securely too.

Good luck, GJ

Archived