SASS Wire Forum

I picked these up in a trade and have never even taken them out of the box.

A pair of Uberti 1836 Navies with Kirst Coversion and the original cylinders. In near-new condition.

I am going to the Siege this week and was thinking about putting them up for sale but really don't know what they are worth.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dang It Dan

Buffalo Arms shows them new at $289.50, Midway USA shows $319.99. Kirst shows the conversion cylinders at $325 each. So the whole shebang new would be around $1,250. Knock a little off for being used, you could ask $1,000 and be willing to haggle from there.

I picked these up in a trade and have never even taken them out of the box.

A pair of Uberti 1836 Navies with Kirst Coversion and the original cylinders. In near-new condition.

I am going to the Siege this week and was thinking about putting them up for sale but really don't know what they are worth.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dang It Dan

What does an "1836 Navy" look like?

Buffalo Arms shows them new at $289.50, Midway USA shows $319.99. Kirst shows the conversion cylinders at $325 each. So the whole shebang new would be around $1,250. Knock a little off for being used, you could ask $1,000 and be willing to haggle from there.

A couple of photos would be nice.

- BB

Thanks for the info Doc. BB - I am not listing them here for now. Just taking them to a match to sell and wanted to put a "fair" price on them.

Thanks.

I was just searching Buffalo Arms site for a conversion for my ROA and did not see a conversion cylinder or a Patterson Model for sale. I then went to Dixie Gun Works and found a Patterson listed for $575.00 but again no conversion's available. I have looked for the Patterson revolver before and never saw a conversion offered. Cabelas had them a few years ago but not on their inventory now. Just curious to make sure they are the Patterson Model, without the trigger guard or loading lever. Thanks, DC

Posted · Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, January 8, 2014 - Links to commercial sites
Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, January 8, 2014 - Links to commercial sites

What does an "1836 Navy" look like?

hi.

welcome to the sassnet forum.

here i give u some ideas about 1836 navy. it was look like american army before 1837.

top ten classified website

I was just searching Buffalo Arms site for a conversion for my ROA and did not see a conversion cylinder or a Patterson Model for sale. I then went to Dixie Gun Works and found a Patterson listed for $575.00 but again no conversion's available. I have looked for the Patterson revolver before and never saw a conversion offered. Cabelas had them a few years ago but not on their inventory now. Just curious to make sure they are the Patterson Model, without the trigger guard or loading lever. Thanks, DC

Sounds like a nice pair of main match guns for Stan. :P

DC, they are NOT Patterson's.

Fireball, I was thinking the same thing. Hmmmmm.

Hmmm....so that takes me back to Bad Hand's question.....I've never heard of an 1836 Navy. Patterson was the first Colt revolver (1836) and didn't think there was anything else released until the Walker came to be in 1847. I also wasn't aware of anything designated "Navy" until 1851. So I assume they are "like" the 1836 Patterson design but not a Patterson?

Dan's title says 1861 Navy.

Dan's title says 1861 Navy.

Thanks PBT, is that in a sub-heading? My "smart" phone doesn't pick them up, just the main title: Price Check...

Dang It Dan, I did not see the sub header stating that they are 61's. I have a set of 61 Navies that I shoot half of the summer and then use the ROA's the other half. I like the way they feel and shoot and they will make anyone a great set with both of the cylinders. Sorry I missed the year but thought I would ask and find out. Good luck selling them, it should not be difficult. Have a safe and great shoot, DC

A pair of Uberti 1861 Navies with Kirst Coversion and the original cylinders. In near-new condition. Oooooh. I like it! The Kirst Konversion cylinders add a much more authentic look than the R&D's. If I hadn't already spent my "fun" money on an SKB and other assorted toys, I'd be giving one o' the Nawth Ca'lina folks a bag of gold dust and tellin' them to bring them smokepoles back here! That is a nice setup.

Archived