SASS Wire Forum

Light shotgun loads?

Roger Rapid

I'm looking to make some shotgun loads that are similar to the Winchester AA Low Recoil Low Noise Target loads that are 980fps. Any suggestions for load information for a similar load using those AA hulls? (Please PM me - and not post loading data here). Thx... RR

I'm looking to make some shotgun loads that are similar to the Winchester AA Low Recoil Low Noise Target loads that are 980fps. Any suggestions for load information for a similar load using those AA hulls? (Please PM me - and not post loading data here). Thx... RR

I have a great load I got from Rio Brazos Kid here. It uses Clays powder which might be a little hard to find right now. I'm loading it on my MEC Jr.

Are you shooting this weekend?

Fillmore

The EXACT recipe for Win low noise low recoil loads is printed on the Win AA Lite powder jug.

The load using 7/8 oz shot and the minimum amount of WAALite listed on this site works well too. I have seen 1-lb jars of WAALite for sale recently but no 8-lb jugs.

I have a friend who has used a single digit charge of Red Dot with 7/8 oz shot for many years - too light IMO, but they're not calling him One Eyed Lefty yet...

Fillmore - thanks, I'll catch up with you on the load data - no, not shooting this weekend but hope to see you soon... R

And to the rest of you - Thanks for the PMs and for the info! Greatly appreciated... Roger

Promo powder (a Red Dot clone) is another choice of powders. Almost every powder company has a lite/youth load listed on their site. Plenty of choices if you don't limit yourself to just one powder...

Archived