SASS Wire Forum

Vaquero's

Buckhorn Woodie

After going through my gun safe I have found that I don't have any Vaquero's and I need to fix this ...If one was going to buy a pair of match ready Vaquero's were would you go?

I picked up my Vaqueros X3 on Gunbroker. I lucked up and put my bid in when nobody else had.

All three Stainless 2 in 45Lc 1 in 38/357. All cheaper than all the online places that had them in stock.

With my saving I plan to order a spring kit soon. And have a tad left over.

Which version of the Vaquero are you interested in? The original (Old Model Vaquero or OMV) which is quite a bit larger than a Colt and the Italian Colt clones and is built like a tank, or the New Model Vaquero, which is basically the same size as a Colt? OMV's are no longer in production but are still plentiful in the Wire Classifieds or the various gun auction websites.

If you are looking to buy NMV's, you could do a whole lot worse than Longhunter. He has a very good reputation for quality and excellent customer service.

2nd on Jimmy Spurs......Long Hunter's are very good, but Jimmy's are Top Shelf and I've had 2 pairs of Long Hunter Vaquero's, 1 pair of Colt's done by Lone Hunter. You won't find a nicer guy than Long Hunter, but Jimmy Spurs Ruger Vaquero's are magical.

I would buy them from T-Bone at the Bar 3 Gun Shop. (he always has the best prices)

Then get Colt Faro to put in some of those SB SS kits that I feel are the best thing out there.

I would buy them from T-Bone at the Bar 3 Gun Shop. (he always has the best prices)

Then get Colt Faro to put in some of those SB SS kits that I feel are the best thing out there.

X2, The Boogie Kits Colt is doing are the best thing I have felt

I have had all the above mentioned smiths build guns . I personally like Rugers with Shotgun Boogie kits. ;). They are as top self as some of the others but are short stroked which I like very much. But you want go wrong with Long hunter or Jimmy spurs either. Just my two cents worth

X2, The Boogie Kits Colt is doing are the best thing I have felt

I am just waiting for them to come out for my Ruger Bisley.

Wife loves hers in her Blackhawks.

Don't know for sure. But you may be able to get the SB SS kits from Slick also.

Well I found a pair of NMV for a good price....But when I ask/told the wife that I was going to buy them she came unglued........You see she ordered me a pair for my birthday last week she said I messed up her surprise....So if anyone needs to get a hold of me I will be out back in the dog house...cleaning my new pair of NMV..... :D

Archived