SASS Wire Forum

There's a Range War ah brew'in

spittoon otool

All signed up, wish more shoots would do the online signup. Looking forward to it. Make sure to rinse the funnel out this year DS were not using the one from the generator this year.

BT

You know the image depicted on those buckles appear to be cowboys having an altercation with sheep herders…..sheep herders from below the Mason Dixon line (most likely from Florida). Sheep Crackers! :P

Spittoon

We're not familar with sheep down we'll have to rely on you boys expertise in the sheep cracking arena!

Jawbone - proud FL Cracker who cracks a cow whip not a sheep whip!

;)http://www.fairmeadowsheepfarm.com/FloridaNative.asp

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Apps are still coming in everyday. Cant wait to circle the wagons and see all my friends.

Hope to meet some new ones...Crackers or otherwise :D

Apps are still coming in everyday. Cant wait to circle the wagons and see all my friends.

Holy smokes - you ain't kiddin'! - B)

http://www.wolverinerangers.org/pdf/RW2013ShootersV3.pdf

We're not familar with sheep down we'll have to rely on you boys expertise in the sheep cracking arena!

IN CASE you damn Yank.......Northern Folk don't know, Florida is the second largest cattle producing state in the Nation.

And to Stan's point, sheep whip? - no.: Sheep Dip?....well sometimes it happens to all of us.

IN CASE you damn Yank.......Northern Folk don't know, Florida is the second largest cattle producing state in the Nation.

And to Stan's point, sheep whip? - no.: Sheep Dip?....well sometimes it happens to all of us.

You produce 'em...we'll eat em :D

I knowed some fellers from Missouri that claimed they was the second biggest cattle state. But then you'd have to show them...

There's no one like ewe baaaaaaaby!

Lived in Florida all of my life and have never heard of anyone raising or herding sheep. Thats not to say I haven't seen sheep in Florida........they're the ones who vote for the Dem's or whatever Charlie Crist is at this hour. Florida has always been the number 1 or 2 state for the export of cattle. Florida ain't all Disney and gators. Below is a great site for photos and a history of cattle in Cracker Country. Take a look.

http://www.floridamemory.com/photographiccollection/photo_exhibits/ranching/

Sun

Sun,

Kewl article. Some of the photos are priceless for us. Even in the late 1890's they show "crackers" wearing guns and wide brim hats. Not all of course, you can see some of the hats are a variation of the "Boss of the Plains" style. I like the fact that the Seminoles were also cattle ranchers and wranglers.

AND, not one damn sheep anywhere in those pics.

Thank you very much.

Archived